The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Mulberry Noir - Quick Review

monteverde mulberry noir purple ink

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 00:42

MONTEVERDE MULBERRY NOIR

Monteverde Mulberry Noir is part of the new series of Monteverde inks called the "Noir" series.  It is a nice dark purple shade which leans towards blue without being over-saturated.  The ink is well behaved in the pens that I have used it in and flowed nicely from the nib. It does have some lubrication.   It is reasonably quick drying, yet seems to have a bit of water resistance (I unintentionally soaked the page in water for 30 minutes. The letters were quite readable although blurred.  The page fell apart when taking it out of the water).

This first review is a scan which really brings out the purple. 

fpn_1525220991__monteverde_mulberry_noir

The next is a photo taken under LED lighting.  I think this is more consistent with the actual color.

fpn_1524544683__mmn_review_auto_1_of_1.j

This is written on Tomoe River paper:

fpn_1524544725__mmn_tr_auto_1_of_1.jpg

This is written on Rhodia paper:

fpn_1524544710__mmn_rhodia_auto_1_of_1.j

Edited by DrPenfection, 02 May 2018 - 00:45.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

Sponsored Content

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 13:37

You did it again! A nice review of an interesting ink. My favourite color... sooo.... I (you, too?) never can have enough of these...

Thanks!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 MsRedpen

MsRedpen

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 16:30

Very nice review, thank you, especially for written sample with M nib!
Bilberry just lost against Mulberry.

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

#4 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 16:30

You did it again! A nice review of an interesting ink. My favourite color... sooo.... I (you, too?) never can have enough of these...

Thanks!

Thank you for your kind comments.  I do like this color, particularly with its dark blue tones behind the purple, rather than black tones.  I also like the fact that it is not highly saturated.  The saturation level is very pleasing - dark enough for very readable yet not so saturated that you can not see the beauty of the color. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#5 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 16:33

Very nice review, thank you, especially for written sample with M nib!
Bilberry just lost against Mulberry.

Thank you for your kind comment.  I love Bilberry too, so I think Mulberry Noir will be in addition to Bilberry.  Bilberry seems a bit bluer to me, and is much more heavily saturated.  Even after a week in a wet broad oblique italic nib, Mulberry Noir maintains its variety of tonality and shading which I like very much. 

#6 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 19:29

Looks very nice indeed. I’m considering to get me this Noir series - the other ones look nice to (based on the pictures I found on the web). But nothing beats some real writing samples like you are showing us. Thanks for the heads-up.

#7 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 23:41

Looks very nice indeed. I’m considering to get me this Noir series - the other ones look nice to (based on the pictures I found on the web). But nothing beats some real writing samples like you are showing us. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thank you for your kind comments.  I will look forward then to your stunning reviews of these inks!

#8 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:02

Great review thanks. I am looking forward to this ink when it eventually hits my postbox.

#9 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2018 - 18:53

Great review thanks. I am looking forward to this ink when it eventually hits my postbox.

Thank you for your comment.  I hope that you enjoy it. 

#10 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2018 - 20:10

Nice review!  I like this ink.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#11 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2018 - 21:02

Nice review!  I like this ink.

Thank you for your kind comments. 

#12 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:30

Looks decent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde, mulberry noir, purple, ink

Sponsored Content

|