• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JF_LAMY Collection

• MomoShinChan

• RMN

• DrDebG

Super cute.

That cocoa brown Safari would be great as a standard issue.

I checked out the ebay price of one of these. I think this one is for Safari collectors. It is cute, though. I have bought a few things like this, like the Waterman Lara Croft Tombraider Kulturs. These things have a certain charm :) .

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

These are really cute. I see them occasionally when I travel to Asia. There are several varieties. I don't think Lamy makes them anymore.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Dear all,

I found some more limited editions of LAMY safari.

I guess, these are only available in parts of Asia. Lovely. Too bad, we can´t get them here.

Unfortunately, the prices are high on eBay.

Lamy Safari Blue and Red 2015

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-safari-blue-red-2015/

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-brown-in-red-review/

LAMY X LINE FRIENDS BROWN in the RED Limited Edition

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-brown-in-red/

Lamy x Disney : tsum tsum Limited Edition

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-disney-tsum-tsum/

Lamy x Line Friends Brown Limited Edition 2015

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-linefriends-brown-2015/

LAMY X LINE FRIENDS CHOCO

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-choco-news/

Lamy x B.Duck Anniversary Limited Edition

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-bduck/

Lamy Joy Star Wars Limited Edition

https://www.bbblogr.com/lamy-joy-star-wars/

Lamy Safari Disney Pirates Of The Caribbean Fountain pen

https://appelboom.com/lamy-safari-disney-pirates-of-the-caribbean-fountain-pen/

Kind regards,

Jan (FLICKR)

I'm so happy I just collect the AL-Stars. :lol:

I think it's cute. It is apparently an exclusive for that store but I would happily pay some extra for that if they would take it in regular production. Or even as a 2019 special...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

So many special Safari editions. Only the brown colour seems to be exclusive to those Safaris.

Some have the name of the line person engraved on the cap

I just ordered one of these off of eBay at $73, from a seller with a good reputation, I honestly have gotten to collecting recent Safari LE’s with a fury, and I couldn’t NOT have a brown. I have two petrols at this point as well. I think that the whole Line Friends collab is extremely cute even if I don’t plan to use the Brown silicone attachments. Should I be proud or should I ask for help? Haha

Gobblecup ~

I seem to recall another thread a few years ago about these South Korean (?) special editions.

As for me, the thing is cute if you like that sort of thing (I don't). And there's no WAY I'd pay that much for Safari -- that's nearly twice the usual retail price, and nearly twenty bucks more than an LX! (The only reason I have an LX at all is because of the closeout sale at Lamy's old US distributor and the price was too good to pass up).

The only older LE/SE Safari I've ever seen that I would ever want is the French Blue. And I absolutely NOT pay the prices I've seen them go for. No way. I've paid less apiece for most of my Parker 51s! If Lamy reissued the color I'd be first in line for one, but then I'd be paying standard retail price -- NOT the nearly $130 US I saw on listed on eBay for....

I agree that the would be nice as a standard or even LE color (makes a change from fluorescent green...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

No way I'd pay $100 for this pen. Sometime these prices can be really too damn outrageous!

Dear all,

Well, I am always happy to read all the comments. It´s great to be free to express an opinion.

Thank you!

Well, bears are cute, no doubt about it.

But! We are big boys (and girls), right? And speaking of limited editions, I had something on my mind for a very, very long time.

A few years back, I had the intention of getting into scale modelling and bought couple of kits and tools. Started working on one, but after meeting with Jan_Rosecky, one of the best modellers in Europe, I realized there was NO WAY I could get even close to his results. Still kept the tools, though ... and “the idea”.

Then came the Vista_Frost from Christof, and I was behind again J.

It is AMAZING!

Because I am slow, I gave my idea some more thoughts, and couple of years later, I went for it. And since my other hobby is Formula 1, this is what I did:

First of all, when you look at LAMY safari very closely, you must admire the timeless design. All the edges and curves on one side and its simplicity on the other. It is not an expensive pen, but the design is nothing short of perfect!

I went to my favourite penshop here in Prague and bought a LAMY safari. The owner was very kind to get me a spare nib and a clip as well. Then, I used primer and sprayed the front section, barrel and cap with it. Let it dry and wet-sanded it with micro mesh sanding sheets. Once the parts were smooth, it was time for the paint. I chose the Lotus_black_F1 paint and sprayed four layers of it on the parts. A few days later, I applied decals. The paint dries matt and needs clearcoat_lacquer on top of it. So I sprayed some four or five layers on top of the paint and decals and after that, it was down to wet-sending and polishing with NOVUS polishing kit.

It is now done.

Anyone interested to see the result of this “limited edition” LAMY safari?

(Please, bear in mind that it is of course far, far from being perfect).

Kind regards,

Jan (FLICKR)

Don't care about the bears and case but love the brown color on the pen!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Likewise, I’d love the brown matte Safari minus the extras. My matte Petrol and Lilac Safaris are my favorite over my LX and Al-Star pens.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

LOL.

A few months back I was in Korea and I happened to walk past a Line Store. There was a large stack of these on display for 54,000 won (roughly 50$ usd.) This may seem like a lot, but that is actually the retail price of a regular Safari in Korea.

Couldn't resist, so I bought one. :thumbup:

Enjoy it!

Josh

Edited by FlippyThePen