Cult Pens (Uk) Free International Shipping Trial

migo984

To add on: I have done a lot of traveling and have also bought from CultPens (no affiliation) without issue. Unless you’re trying to purchase Pelikan M800s in bulk, you should be fine. (FWIW, it seems CultPens has some of the best prices on Pelikan)

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• Karmachanic

• Lloyd

• Astronymus

Thanks for the tip, I just placed my first order with them.

You’re welcome. I hope you have a good buying experience.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Anyone from Canada have any idea of how much duties will need to be paid on a roughly 50 pound or 85 CAD order?

I'm looking to cash in on cult pens but I'm a little apprehensive since it seems that UK orders regularly get dinged for duties

I'm tempting going for the Pelikan 805... It's a risky business (having in perfect condition)

AMAZING SERVICE!!!!!

Placed an order Monday. They shipped (under this deal) and it arrived Friday of the same week. Kudos, compliments and thanks to the folks at Cult Pens for an amazement I was not expecting.

(The low price of the GBP helped too as did their test with DHL.)

• 2 months later...

I have always been curious about the Diamine Deep Inks, or what are they called? Those are nice deep looking, saturated, I hope, inks.

I have always been curious about the Diamine Deep Inks, or what are they called? Those are nice deep looking, saturated, I hope, inks.

I ordered 30ml bottles of Deep Dark Orange and Deep Dark Brown in my last Cult Pens order (late last year I think?) - and yes, that's exactly what they are. The brown is recognisably brown, but could *almost* pass for black; the orange is too dark to be called a "true" orange, but still a strong, vivid colour. I really like them both, and am regretting my decision not to get the purple and/or the blue...

This is good to know, thank you very much :) Recently I have been using fine and ef nib pens quite abit and need dark and saturated inks to fill them. I have a feeling these inks would certainly be great in those pens :)

I ordered 30ml bottles of Deep Dark Orange and Deep Dark Brown in my last Cult Pens order (late last year I think?) - and yes, that's exactly what they are. The brown is recognisably brown, but could *almost* pass for black; the orange is too dark to be called a "true" orange, but still a strong, vivid colour. I really like them both, and am regretting my decision not to get the purple and/or the blue...

Edited by minddance

Bottom line: yes, you are import duty-free under $800 of fair-market value personal items.

From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:

“In particular, HTSUS 9804.00.65 allows for the duty-free importation of personal-use articles from a Column 2 country when the fair retail value of such goods is under $800. Also see 19 C.F.R. 148.33. HTSUS 9816.00.20 establishes a duty rate of 4% of the fair retail value for personal-use articles under $1,000 imported from a Column 2 country. Thus, any articles imported under this section for personal use with a value of under $800 can be imported duty free, and any articles imported for personal use with a value between $800 and $1800, will be subject to a flat 4% duty rate. Any articles valued over $1800, regardless of whether for personal use, will be subject to entry and should be classified, appraised, and assessed duty appropriately under the specific HTSUS Column 2 rates. Also see 19 C.F.R. 148.101 and 148.102. Any commercial importation, i.e., not for personal use, is subject to entry requirements and payment of applicable duties, fees, and taxes.”

Thanks. This is very useful information.