Cult Pens (Uk) Free International Shipping Trial

migo984

Many will be familiar with the exceptional service provided by CultPens and for overseas buyers the VAT-free prices can be very attractive.

Cult Pens are currently running a trial offering free international tracked airmail shipping for orders over £50 (exclusive of VAT).

This is a time limited trial, so get in quick!

https://www.cultpens.com/news/q/date/2018/04/30/free-international-shipping-offer

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• Karmachanic

• Lloyd

• ww2golfer

In business there is no free. Costs are distributed and hidden.

Edited by kd3

Add lightness and simplicate.

Whatever.....

Cool! Pelikan m120 Iconic Blue for 106.67 GBP, $145 USD, not bad. Ambition in pearwood for $74 :rolleyes: .

Edited by pseudo88

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Never bought something overseas. Am I understanding right that as long as much order is less than $800 then I don't have to deal with import taxes coming to the United States?

The cost here is obvious: they want you to spend 50 GBP to get free shipping if you are contemplating buying something that is less than 50 GBP. Not that nefarious.

The cost here is obvious: they want you to spend 50 GBP to get free shipping if you are contemplating buying something that is less than 50 GBP. Not that nefarious.

In the UK it's £10

He was obviously implying their profit margins make up for the shipping costs at this point.

I'm happy to see free shipping. Cult Pens is great to deal with it. One of my favorite vendors.

kill-joy

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

kill-joy

It gets worse. There's no Santa Claus either.

It gets worse. There's no Santa Claus either.

I know. That, and finding out that there's no Easter Bunny, drove me to Atheism.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Migo, that is a good deal. Thanks for the heads up on that. I wish I could take advantage of the free shipping, that is always a plus as far as I am concerned!

Never bought something overseas. Am I understanding right that as long as much order is less than $800 then I don't have to deal with import taxes coming to the United States?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I received a package from fpnibs in Spain just last week (some very nice stubs and italics on sets of TWSBI 580s and Vac 700Rs), and have bought pens and inks from European, Japanese and Chinese vendors, and have not had any issue with US customs or import duties. None of my packages have exceeded ~$400 USD, though.

And my Cult Pens order is being processed - thanks to the OP!

Edited by Scootz

Mature.

Thank you.

(Did your irony radar work this time?)

Edited by migo984

Thank you.

(Did your irony radar work this time?)

This time it did. I guess the first time you didn't get lift off.

In retail it's quite common to sell items below cost. This is called a "loss leader". Or retailers will put on a crazy promotion in the name of marketing. The word gets around -- this thread is a perfect example of that.

As for Cult Pens, my experience with them was excellent. I ordered a pen over a weekend and it travelled across an ocean and a continent before being in my hands by Wednesday.

Many will be familiar with the exceptional service provided by CultPens and for overseas buyers the VAT-free prices can be very attractive.

Cult Pens are currently running a trial offering free international tracked airmail shipping for orders over £50 (exclusive of VAT).

This is a time limited trial, so get in quick!

https://www.cultpens.com/news/q/date/2018/04/30/free-international-shipping-offer

Thanks for the tip, I just placed my first order with them.

Anyone?

Bottom line: yes, you are import duty-free under $800 of fair-market value personal items.

From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:

“In particular, HTSUS 9804.00.65 allows for the duty-free importation of personal-use articles from a Column 2 country when the fair retail value of such goods is under $800. Also see 19 C.F.R. 148.33. HTSUS 9816.00.20 establishes a duty rate of 4% of the fair retail value for personal-use articles under $1,000 imported from a Column 2 country. Thus, any articles imported under this section for personal use with a value of under $800 can be imported duty free, and any articles imported for personal use with a value between $800 and $1800, will be subject to a flat 4% duty rate. Any articles valued over $1800, regardless of whether for personal use, will be subject to entry and should be classified, appraised, and assessed duty appropriately under the specific HTSUS Column 2 rates. Also see 19 C.F.R. 148.101 and 148.102. Any commercial importation, i.e., not for personal use, is subject to entry requirements and payment of applicable duties, fees, and taxes.”

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>