Is Obbb An Official Offering?

siamackz

~ nishant:

Yes and Yes.

An OBBB is a standard nib exchange for the Dumas at the standard rate.

I know two individuals, one in Japan and one in Switzerland, who have done that within the past two years.

In both cases it was handled as a normal paid nib exchange by their local Montblanc boutique.

Tom K.

Now this makes me very excited. I bought a spare Dumas last year with the intent of sending it in for O3B exchange. I simply havent followed it through yet. I think I might go through Tysons boutique since the manager there appears more knowledgeable than most.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• nishantdr83

• siamackz

• niksch

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to read about the Dumas O3B nib option since I did believe that only the classic 149 nib is available as a standard nib (besides the bespoke nib service) at the moment in O3B.

In the past the 3OB nib was a standard nib option on other models also; I‘ve seen celluloid 146 pens but also 1x Meisterstück pens from the 60s with this nib.

Even it is (and was) a standard nib option it was only available via the nib exchange program to my knowledge.

Cheers

Michael

It is interesting to read about the Dumas O3B nib option since I did believe that only the classic 149 nib is available as a standard nib (besides the bespoke nib service) at the moment in O3B.

In the past the 3OB nib was a standard nib option on other models also; Ive seen celluloid 146 pens but also 1x Meisterstück pens from the 60s with this nib.

Even it is (and was) a standard nib option it was only available via the nib exchange program to my knowledge.

Cheers

Michael

The Blue Hour Skeleton can also be had in O3B. Somehow MB considers it a normal 149 while not the UNICEF.

Information about O3B nib possibility is now hidden. That nib was mentioned in the original brochure on 149 which was a part of the original packing of the pen. Now the packing of 149 contains only small brochure dealing with all MB writing instruments. There is no mention (if I read carefully) of O3B nib option.

O3B nib is called a signature nib. Stubbornly the staff of boutiques call 149 pen as a signature pen. I have no idea how they came to that name.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Information about O3B nib possibility is now hidden. That nib was mentioned in the original brochure on 149 which was a part of the original packing of the pen. Now the packing of 149 contains only small brochure dealing with all MB writing instruments. There is no mention (if I read carefully) of O3B nib option.

O3B nib is called a signature nib. Stubbornly the staff of boutiques call 149 pen as a signature pen. I have no idea how they came to that name.

Are you the famous cyclist?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Are you the famous cyclist?

Neither famous nor a cyclist. :)

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Unfortunately, this was not the case with UNICEF Skeleton. MB in Hamburg refused to offer it in O3B. Hence, I had to go the other end of the spectrum with EF. Pics will follow sometime soon.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/69-montblanc/

~ nishant:

Please see Post #1340 in the above thread.

It's my understanding that the prior refusal to craft OBBBs for the UNICEF Skeleton pens has been quietly dropped.

I hope that your EF has been satisfactory, but also feel sorry that you encountered resistance concerning your preference.

Any photos of the EF UNICEF will be most welcome. Yours truly is an EF and EEF fan!

Tom K.

• 4 weeks later...

Joost at Appelboom pens either stocks new 146 / 149 pens with O3B nibs or can order them from you. I have a 149 that was delivered from stock with an 03B to the UK in 2 days and have a 146 on order, which Joost recokons fulfils in around 8 days.

Edited by Ponkbutler

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/69-montblanc/

~ nishant:

Please see Post #1340 in the above thread.

It's my understanding that the prior refusal to craft OBBBs for the UNICEF Skeleton pens has been quietly dropped.

I hope that your EF has been satisfactory, but also feel sorry that you encountered resistance concerning your preference.

Any photos of the EF UNICEF will be most welcome. Yours truly is an EF and EEF fan!

Tom K.

Will add pics some day soon.

In the meanwhile, I did send a couple of my pens to get O3B through Tysons boutique..

Now The bigger question is, will O3B be an option for this years WE since it will have a 9 sized nib ?

Edited by nishant

Will add pics some day soon.

In the meanwhile, I did send a couple of my pens to get O3B through Tysons boutique..

Now The bigger question is, will O3B be an option for this years WE since it will have a 9 sized nib ?

~ nishant:

Great!

You and I both have been assisted by the talented Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique staff.

Whenever the OBBB nibs arrive, it’ll be a thrill to see how they're writing for you.

As of yet, I've seen no official Montblanc information about the 2018 Writers Edition model.

If it's indeed a #9 nib, which I didn't know, I have reason to suppose that an OBBB by request might be possible.

Thank you for telling us about your OBBB nib exchanges.

Tom K.

~ nishant:

Great!

You and I both have been assisted by the talented Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique staff.

Whenever the OBBB nibs arrive, it’ll be a thrill to see how they're writing for you.

As of yet, I've seen no official Montblanc information about the 2018 Writers Edition model.

If it's indeed a #9 nib, which I didn't know, I have reason to suppose that an OBBB by request might be possible.

Thank you for telling us about your OBBB nib exchanges.

Tom K.

Yes it will be a #9 nib but I don't know if 0BBB will be possible to request or not.