The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Last (And "first" Too) Dip Nib Pen Holder (With "reservoir")

dip pen holder engraved custom pen holder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 franzrogar

franzrogar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2018 - 23:10

Hi,

I present you my last dip nib pen holder hand-made by Renée Meeks (Scriptorium Pens) and my first hand-engraved by myself using drypoint technique. Where it should be the ink holder (if it were a fountain pen), there's an empty space to hold other dip nibs :-D

Here are two videos of it with my mobile :-) Sorry for the shaking video, but I've thalassemia and it's really hard to keep my hand steady (I had to place the phone against my chest to stabilize it).

Let me know what you think of it ;-)

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Content

#2 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 00:53

Nice work.

Using the barrel to hold spare nibs (instead of ink) is a great idea for a dip pen!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

#3 Gerd W

Gerd W

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2018 - 18:29

Looks very nice and skillful, thanks for sharing! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dip pen, holder, engraved, custom, pen holder

Sponsored Content

|