The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Technical Pen Experiment

rapidograph isograph rohrer klingner rohrer & klingner tg1-s faber-castell stano staedtler tusche

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 19:16

^ That's good to know.  And that's with the acrylic based inks in them?

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

#22 Teacher Man

Teacher Man

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 16:53

^ That's good to know.  And that's with the acrylic based inks in them?

Yep, that's with Rohrer & Klingner acrylic based inks.

Okay, I used to have the Letter Writers Alliance and The Snail Mail Exchange in here. Somehow, my browsers settings and the forum's settings work together to prevent that from being the case at the moment. Whenever I try to update my signature, the whole process breakls down. So. Whatever.

#23 uceroy

uceroy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:17

I have not used acrylic ink in my technical pens, but if I were to try, I'd only use the ones that also say they are safe for air-brushing. Acrylic inks come in a variety of pigment size. Safe to say you only want small enough pigments ☺ Rotring ink also has pigments.
I'd be worried about dried ink, because I tend to use the pens infrequently, but if you clean them well enough I doubt there will be problems.

Edited by uceroy, 10 November 2018 - 11:17.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapidograph, isograph, rohrer, klingner, rohrer & klingner, tg1-s, faber-castell, stano, staedtler, tusche

Sponsored Content

|