• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niksch

• jschwerin

• torstar

• kandarp

Many outstanding pen stores also have an effective internet presence. I have dealt with these good people and been treated very well.

https://www.fountainpenhospital.com/

https://www.stylo.ca/

https://www.thepencounter.ca

Hey thanks meiers. I'm a newb and always looking for trusted sellers whom people have had a good experience with. I'll keep these companies bookmarked.

The 159 is a weapon, the 149 a work of art. Please don't help the fakers.

Glenn

the 159 is NOT a 149 clone. does it mimic the general size and shape? yes. But the 149 is one of the most generic shapes on earth. The 159 goes out of its way to make itself different, metal body, unique clip, lacquer finish.

The 159 is a good way to test if you'd like a 149's girthy section.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I'm pretty new here, but I cant believe a thread entitled "best Montblanc fakes to buy" has been allowed to stand for so long.

I am very active on a watch forum, and over there is anyone dared even hint at a fake watch, they'd be burnt at the stake! Honestly, they'd never dare post again (and it's a self moderated forum where no-one has the ability to remove threads etc, so it's very liberal).

Every time I see this thread title in the thread list, it depresses me and makes this forum feel a little cheap.

I'm pretty new here, but I cant believe a thread entitled "best Montblanc fakes to buy" has been allowed to stand for so long.

I am very active on a watch forum, and over there is anyone dared even hint at a fake watch, they'd be burnt at the stake! Honestly, they'd never dare post again (and it's a self moderated forum where no-one has the ability to remove threads etc, so it's very liberal).

Every time I see this thread title in the thread list, it depresses me and makes this forum feel a little cheap.

depends on how the conversation goes, I don't recall that anyone was advising where to get fooled buying a fake MB on here....

we can fray at the nerve endings of a title and have some fun on FPN.

Titles can be misleading. The entire conversation has been centered around helping users identify fakes as well as pointing out fishy eBay listings.

Do you belong to the "Cover focused book judging" club? Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

How about a Sailor?

They look like Montblancs.

I think this may be the last post I'll ever make on FPN.

:lol:

@ Jonathan Harker -- Most of the conversation (and yeah, I also can't believe this thread is still kicking around on page 10) has had to do with telling the OP "That's a really bad idea!" and "Well, I bought one so I know what things to look for to ID fakes to warn others about."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Do you belong to the "Cover focused book judging" club?

:lol: Great wordplay.

Oh no my wing sung 601 looks like a parker 51 vacumatic that hasn't been made for 50 years. Better throw this turd away.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

they are awesome pens too.

How about a Sailor?

They look like Montblancs.

I think this may be the last post I'll ever make on FPN.

:lol:

• 5 months later...

This thread was brought back from quiet rest with a post that violated several of the rules of this forum.

The post included:

• Personal attacks and insults
  • Rudeness and crudeness
  • Incendiary material, also known as "trolling", "stirring the pot" or "flamebait"

I removed the post and all those that followed it, and locked the topic thread.

The rules for the Montblanc forum can be found at the top of the first page of the forum, and at this link:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum-69/announcement-9-montblanc-forum-rules/

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)