New M205 Clear Demonstrator For 2018.

senzen

I received the m205 from Cult Pens today. It does not look cheap, nor does it feel cheap. I have a black m200 that I love, but somehow, it always felt cheap to me. Not to mention the multiple unfortunate bad nibs (both fines) but now the black m200 has a gold plated steel extra fine that is a nail, but consistent and works beautifully.

Your post actually helped me make the decision to get mine, also from Cult Pens.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• senzen

• Calabria

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driften - did you have a coupon to get that deal? Sounds good IMO! Cult also offers a 14K nib upgrade...not cheap though better than other places.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Driften - did you have a coupon to get that deal? Sounds good IMO! Cult also offers a 14K nib upgrade...not cheap though better than other places.

No coupon. If you create an account it will show you the non-VAT prices or just go by the smaller type. We don't have to pay VAT for things shipped to the US. The conversion rate from pounds to dollars is 1.34 right now. If you spend over 50 pounds you get free shipping, if you spend 100 pounds of Pelikan items you get a free Pelikan leather single pen case, but you have to remember to add it to your cart. The m205 is only 87.50 pounds ($117.25) so you need to add more for the free case. I needed the nibs, but Pelikan ink or other things would have worked. The Pelikan m405 gold nib runs 77.89 pounds so almost as much as the m205.

Your post actually helped me make the decision to get mine, also from Cult Pens.

Driften, I hope you enjoy the pen! Let us know! I really love mine.

Calabria, I love some of Pelikan's gold nibs, but the polished steel on this 205 is a surprise to me. The smoothness, flow, and expressiveness of this steel nib actually surpass many of the gold nibs I have in use. Even the Pelikan m400, m600, and m800. I have yet to find an m1000 that works properly, but that's a different nib and issue altogether. There's something different here with the m205 extra fine. Writes a little bit more like the gold plated fine of the m200, with a touch of springiness. I have put 14Kgold nibs in the m200, they never speak to me, but when the steel nib is properly tuned and aligned, it blows the gold nibs away.

Calabria, I love some of Pelikan's gold nibs, but the polished steel on this 205 is a surprise to me. The smoothness, flow, and expressiveness of this steel nib actually surpass many of the gold nibs I have in use. Even the Pelikan m400, m600, and m800. I have yet to find an m1000 that works properly, but that's a different nib and issue altogether. There's something different here with the m205 extra fine. Writes a little bit more like the gold plated fine of the m200, with a touch of springiness. I have put 14Kgold nibs in the m200, they never speak to me, but when the steel nib is properly tuned and aligned, it blows the gold nibs away.

Good point. Thank you. I was doing the math and with the 14K nib the pen costs as much as a M400. I'm glad to hear that the steel nib is such a good writer, and really, fits the pen much better.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I have an M205 Demo that I inadvertently cracked the section of a few years ago. I contacted Chartpak to see if I could get the section replaced, and was informed that parts were no longer available, as it was a limited edition.

So, now with the reissue of the pen, does it mean that Pelikan/Chartpak is once again carrying the parts, and I can have my pen repaired?

Good point. Thank you. I was doing the math and with the 14K nib the pen costs as much as a M400. I'm glad to hear that the steel nib is such a good writer, and really, fits the pen much better.

I've been quite satisfied with the steel nibs on my M150/200, equally as much as with the gold M3xx/4xx.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

No coupon. If you create an account it will show you the non-VAT prices or just go by the smaller type. We don't have to pay VAT for things shipped to the US. The conversion rate from pounds to dollars is 1.34 right now. If you spend over 50 pounds you get free shipping, if you spend 100 pounds of Pelikan items you get a free Pelikan leather single pen case, but you have to remember to add it to your cart. The m205 is only 87.50 pounds ($117.25) so you need to add more for the free case. I needed the nibs, but Pelikan ink or other things would have worked. The Pelikan m405 gold nib runs 77.89 pounds so almost as much as the m205.

Does your leather single pen case it's a bit smelly?!

Dear me, does it mine smell!

I've been giving it regular sun baths, but the stench is still present...

Does your leather single pen case it's a bit smelly?!

Dear me, does it mine smell!

I've been giving it regular sun baths, but the stench is still present...

Yes mine has a smell but I never noticed it until you said something. I have to hold it close to my nose to smell it. The smell is strongest inside the pen area and less on the flap and outer surfaces.

Yes mine has a smell but I never noticed it until you said something. I have to hold it close to my nose to smell it. The smell is strongest inside the pen area and less on the flap and outer surfaces.

:headsmack:

An apology for bring it up, hopefully it's not an issue for you!

I thought they would change suppliers at some point or at least used other kind of leather...

:headsmack:

An apology for bring it up, hopefully it's not an issue for you!

I thought they would change suppliers at some point or at least used other kind of leather...

It's not an issue for me since I don't hold my pen case up to my face, but I hope over time the smell goes away. The one I have is the all black that I got with my m120 iconic blue in April. Today I should get my m205 transparent with the black with green case in the mail. Maybe it will be different.

I have not used the case other then to see which size pens it would work with. It has just been sitting on my desk.

I got my m205 Clear SE in today along with the leather pen case. The pen case smelled of new leather, unlike the last one that had more of a chemical smell.

I got my m205 Clear SE in today along with the leather pen case. The pen case smelled of new leather, unlike the last one that had more of a chemical smell.

Is there a code to get free shipping? My order (to US) comes up with 12 GPS shipping.

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Is there a code to get free shipping? My order (to US) comes up with 12 GPS shipping.

As long as your order is over £50 total it should show up as free shipping. To get the free case it needed to be £100 of Pelikan items and you have to have the case in your basket.

Just a suggestion here:

With the clear demonstrators I recommend you steer clear of the red or red hued inks, or at least do not leave red inks in the pen for very long, unless you lust for a slightly pink demonstrator.

So, I did finally order my M205 clear demo in

F from Cult, with two extra nibs (EF, M) to play around with. Thanks Driften for answering my questions (on Cult's other site, Pelikanpens.uk, I didn't get free shipping). Thanks Seanskii for the inspiring review. I think this is a good price for a EDC pen, and am looking forward to it!

- Derek

– Lin Yu-T'ang

True. I understand Edelstein Diamond LE will be quite pricey.

I think I would use holy water.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Just a suggestion here:

With the clear demonstrators I recommend you steer clear of the red or red hued inks, or at least do not leave red inks in the pen for very long, unless you lust for a slightly pink demonstrator.

I put Diamine Red Dragon in a TWSBI 580 for more then a month with no staining at all just to test that. I know in the past people say red stains, but unless the TWSBI is special maybe it's no longer true for some red inks.