New M205 Clear Demonstrator For 2018.

senzen

Via thepelikansperch and Pelikan's FB page. Just when I thought the m205 in blue bought used was enough... Better start saving.

Whoops, didn't see the annoucement in the mall section, sorry.

Edited by pseudo88

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• senzen

• Calabria

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is a good place to talk about it! After adding a m120 to my m200 and m215 I am not sure I would get the new m200 demo.

Let's see the old cognac is pretty much the same as the new smoke and the old clear is the same as the new clear... will there be a "new" black M200 next?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I don't think this would work too well as a daily writer. Demos look great when new, but pretty crappy after a few years of solid use.

ooh this is very tempting

I bought the blue version a couple of months ago but am likely to add this one too

Good comment about the cleanliness of demonstrators - the blue version does not seem to be too affected but a pure clear one could be

I'm not a fan of the plain steel nib - and paying extra for EF?

Maybe there will be some of these on sale in a year or so and I'll pick one up then. I remember the M805 Demo was available at steep discounts for quite a while

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I've long had the clear demo with steel trim in my sights, but prices seemed a little ludicrous. My 7 Lamy Vistas all look like they've been to war and back, mostly as ink seeped into the cap, but I wouldn't expect this Pelikan to end up like that; got a used blue m205 demo, still pretty much looks pristine. My one obstacle is I think I finally run out of inks I'd like to use! Of course such rationality doesn't enter much into the equation, if I'm honest. My blue m205 lays a dry fine nib, compared to my m600, which lays a fatter line, so maybe a medium would be in order for inks that would benefit from that.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

At the stated price I may purchase one or wait until they go on sale. Don't use my M200 size clear blue very much but still would like to have this one.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Not interested, my transparent Amethyst, is clear enough should I take a good look to how things work, but some are expensive. Seen a '50-60's Geha Demonstrator go for $360 or more.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Maybe they'll release a corresponding Edelstein ink with this! I've always wanted a completely colourless ink that matches my demonstrators!

Pelikan Edelstein Diamond (Ink of the Year 2018)?

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene

Let's see the old cognac is pretty much the same as the new smoke and the old clear is the same as the new clear... will there be a "new" black M200 next?

:lticaptd:

But I think we will have to wait a while for such super "special edition" of the Black M200, the "creative" team at Pelikan must be reserving that one for a super special occasion: the 200 years anniversary!!

That being said, I'm tempted by this one. I like demos and it would make a nice pair with my wonderful M200 clear demo.

Maybe they'll release a corresponding Edelstein ink with this! I've always wanted a completely colourless ink that matches my demonstrators!

Pelikan Edelstein Diamond (Ink of the Year 2018)?

LOL! So we'd be buying a bottle of water??

LOL! So we'd be buying a bottle of water??

Yes, but with a Pelikan logo on it. It would be very special water, and totally limited

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Invisible ink...

...at least it wouldn't stain the insides of the pen.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Invisible ink...

...at least it wouldn't stain the insides of the pen.

True. I understand Edelstein Diamond LE will be quite pricey.

​Not interested personally but happy this option will be available for those who might be. Nothing against demonstrators, my last purchase was a Sport Classic demonstrator. I'd be more tempted if it were available as an M200, not so much for the gold color per se but because the gold would stand out - the silver hardware just seems to get lost against the clear acrylic.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I have a m250 demo with gold trim. I might be tempted:one in gold trim, one in silver trim... the m2xx line is really exceptional IMHO.

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

A perfect backup for my 'Japanese' market special edition M205 transparent demonstrator from a few lustrals back...

I can even swatch the finial rings between this model and my M215 'Rings' fountain pen to maintain the look of the old versions of the 'Classic' series.

Now they've just got to keep that trend and reissue the M415!!!

I'm afraid that Pelikan has lost me on this one. I've never really been a fan of transparent pens (I hesitate to call them "demonstrators") although I have a few inexpensive ones, and did pay market price for a TWSBI 580-AL with the pink trim last year).

My problem with clear pens is that they tend to look cheap. That's okay if it's a $5 pen. But I'm betting that this one is NOT going to be a $5 pen. So I'll pass.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."