The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New M205 Clear Demonstrator For 2018.

pelikan m205

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 22:56

Via thepelikansperch and Pelikan's FB page. Just when I thought the m205 in blue bought used was enough... Better start saving.

Whoops, didn't see the annoucement in the mall section, sorry.

Edited by pseudo88, 24 April 2018 - 22:57.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Sponsored Content

#2 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,987 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 00:53

I think this is a good place to talk about it! After adding a m120 to my m200 and m215 I am not sure I would get the new m200 demo. 

#3 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:21

Let's see the old cognac is pretty much the same as the new smoke and the old clear is the same as the new clear... will there be a "new" black M200 next?

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#4 Tresconik

Tresconik

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:57

I don't think this would work too well as a daily writer. Demos look great when new, but pretty crappy after a few years of solid use.

#5 vinnied

vinnied

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:04

ooh this is very tempting 

I bought the blue version a couple of months ago but am likely to add this one too 

Good comment about the cleanliness of demonstrators - the blue version does not seem to be too affected but a pure clear one could be

#6 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,670 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:12

Those stains give character to the pen! :)
Posted Image

#7 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 16:17

I'm not a fan of the plain steel nib - and paying extra for EF?

Maybe there will be some of these on sale in a year or so and I'll pick one up then. I remember the M805 Demo was available at steep discounts for quite a while
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#8 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,915 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 16:38

I've long had the clear demo with steel trim in my sights, but prices seemed a little ludicrous. My 7 Lamy Vistas all look like they've been to war and back, mostly as ink seeped into the cap, but I wouldn't expect this Pelikan to end up like that; got a used blue m205 demo, still pretty much looks pristine. My one obstacle is I think I finally run out of inks I'd like to use! Of course such rationality doesn't enter much into the equation, if I'm honest. My blue m205 lays a dry fine nib, compared to my m600, which lays a fatter line, so maybe a medium would be in order for inks that would benefit from that.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#9 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 16:44

At the stated price I may purchase one or wait until they go on sale. Don't use my M200 size clear blue very much but still would like to have this one.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#10 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 17:10

Not interested, my transparent Amethyst, is clear enough should I take a good look to how things work, but some are expensive. Seen a '50-60's Geha Demonstrator go for $360 or more.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#11 Songyi

Songyi

Quiescent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 17:25

Maybe they'll release a corresponding Edelstein ink with this! I've always wanted a completely colourless ink that matches my demonstrators! 

Pelikan Edelstein Diamond (Ink of the Year 2018)?

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”
Graham Greene

#12 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 19:53

Let's see the old cognac is pretty much the same as the new smoke and the old clear is the same as the new clear... will there be a "new" black M200 next?

:lticaptd:

But I think we will have to wait a while for such super "special edition" of the Black M200, the "creative" team at Pelikan must be reserving that one for a super special occasion: the 200 years anniversary!!

That being said, I'm tempted by this one. I like demos and it would make a nice pair with my wonderful M200 clear demo.

#13 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,692 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 20:41

Maybe they'll release a corresponding Edelstein ink with this! I've always wanted a completely colourless ink that matches my demonstrators! 

Pelikan Edelstein Diamond (Ink of the Year 2018)?

LOL! So we'd be buying a bottle of water??

#14 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 21:24

LOL! So we'd be buying a bottle of water??

Yes, but with a Pelikan logo on it. It would be very special water, and totally limited
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#15 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,510 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 00:55

Invisible ink...

...at least it wouldn't stain the insides of the pen.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#16 Tseg

Tseg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:05

Invisible ink...

...at least it wouldn't stain the insides of the pen.

True.  I understand Edelstein Diamond LE will be quite pricey.

#17 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:19

​Not interested personally but happy this option will be available for those who might be. Nothing against demonstrators, my last purchase was a Sport Classic demonstrator. I'd be more tempted if it were available as an M200, not so much for the gold color per se but because the gold would stand out - the silver hardware just seems to get lost against the clear acrylic.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#18 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,479 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:53

I have a m250 demo with gold trim. I might be tempted:one in gold trim, one in silver trim... the m2xx line is really exceptional IMHO.

Edited by Namo, 26 April 2018 - 15:51.

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

#19 coppilcus

coppilcus

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:50

A perfect backup for my 'Japanese' market special edition M205 transparent demonstrator from a few lustrals back...

I can even swatch the finial rings between this model and my M215 'Rings' fountain pen to maintain the look of the old versions of the 'Classic' series.

Now they've just got to keep that trend and reissue the M415!!!

#20 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,012 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 15:37

I'm afraid that Pelikan has lost me on this one.  I've never really been a fan of transparent pens (I hesitate to call them "demonstrators") although I have a few inexpensive ones, and did pay market price for a TWSBI 580-AL with the pink trim last year).  

My problem with clear pens is that they tend to look cheap.  That's okay if it's a $5 pen.  But I'm betting that this one is NOT going to be a $5 pen.  So I'll pass.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m205

Sponsored Content

|