5. Montblanc Cervantes fp

6. Montblanc Scott Fitzgerald fp

7. Montblanc Edgar Allan Poe fp

8. Montblanc 149 fp

9. Montblanc 146 fp

10. Montblanc 146 90 years fp

11. Montblanc scenium bp

12. Another unknown Montblanc pen

ALL in verry good condition, in a 10 pens leather Montblanc case, are selling for 1300$!!!! Can you believe this?! I'm offering the seller double the money and he does not accept because he "promised" them to someone else.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Waltz For Zizi

• kandarp

• Uncial

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't believe it. -_- If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. :D

Why? Do they even fake those pens?

If it was on ebay I would have agreed with you, but in my country you can get a lot of these. A few months ago I bought a Montblanc Hitchcock for 450$.

About five or six years ago with patience and discipline Sumgai deals were not out of the question, especially if you went looking at auctions on ebay that didn't end on a Sunday evening. I got some amazing deals on most of my Montblanc's, both on and off the bay. The best were from a liquidation sale of a pen shop that was closing down. I never really understood the economics of it because I always thought you could return unsold stock to Montblanc, but perhaps that is only for official outlets. Anyway, I benefited greatly from it and am very thankful for it as there was no way I could have afforded those pens at the going rate. It's much harder now though. Pen prices on the bay have sky rocketed here and people tend to be a bit more savvy about asking the worth of something or doing a quick google before selling. In many instances I actually think ebay prices in the west are becoming grossly inflated. The starting point of some auctions and the asking prices for 'Buy It Now' very often seem to be ridiculous.

Why? Do they even fake those pens?

If it was on ebay I would have agreed with you, but in my country you can get a lot of these. A few months ago I bought a Montblanc Hitchcock for 450$.

Yes they do fake these pens. If you were lucky once then that's great. :)

I've also been lucky. :D

The sumgai finds and flea market bargains were often a case of a seller not realising what they had for sale.

But, the seller here lists the pens with (seeming) awareness of what they are. A quick'Google' would inform the seller of the true value. One of these pens could acheive more than the asking price for the whole lot.

Maybe the seller has decided to sell them to a friend for this bargain price as a charitable/generous act- but then, where does the $1300 price tag come from?

It doesn't really add up?

Or the pens are stolen and the person wants to move them. Pen 1, 2, and 4 could likelye each sell for the asking price, so I would naturally be suspicious without a lot more questions. I would not want to buy pens I had a suspicion were stolen.

I am not saying this IS the case for these pens, just that was the first thought that came to me for that price. My second thought would be they are fakes, but that should be easy to tell from photos.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Or the pens are stolen and the person wants to move them. Pen 1, 2, and 4 could likelye each sell for the asking price, so I would naturally be suspicious without a lot more questions. I would not want to buy pens I had a suspicion were stolen.

I am not saying this IS the case for these pens, just that was the first thought that came to me for that price. My second thought would be they are fakes, but that should be easy to tell from photos.

I doubt a person who sells stolen pens would not take the bigger offer for them, since I offered him almost double his asking price. I have talked to him and he has the impression that a pen once inked loses it's value, and also I was not the first to contact him, and he values the word he gave the person before me. Whatever makes him sleep better at night I guess.

..I can't post photos since he deactivated his sale post, and on the website I do my scavenging for pens, you can't see a deactivated post.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

A few months ago I bought a Montblanc Hitchcock for 450$.

If you find another one for that price (or even the double), please let me know. :)