99 Cent Jinhao 599

old4570

It's just amazing that you can buy a 99 cent USD fountain pen .

At this price point one would expect nothing short of garbage , especially if you are buying $25 to $50 fountain pens ( or even more highly priced ones ) .

The 599 does feel very plastic'y , the cartridge converter also feels a little cheap ( 99c after all )

Here is the RUB ! - The pen writes smoothly and ever better it does so softly . Not harsh like trying to write with a concrete nail - No !

Soft like a felt tipped pen ( But not quite that soft ) ... With some NIB polishing this could be a serious writer competing way above its price point .

No issues , started right away .

Does no like canting 45 deg Right

Not happy writing inverted

Smooth , very , in the sweet spot .

Writes moist .

Does not dry out when doing sweeping horizontal 8's

After 24 hours the 599 wrote the same as the day before . ( No issues - leaks etc )

If your looking for a 99 cent pen - The Jinhao 599 just might be the one !

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• old4570

• bob_hayden

• bobs51

Great... now how about a link to EBay or Alibaba, or wherever this bargain is available.

Thanks

Prices vary according to the day of the week ..

Week end prices are usually higher ...

During the week is probably the best time to troll ebay ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JINHAO-599-Transparent-Blue-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-New/172733560201?epid=1253748028&hash=item2837b8f589:g:MJ0AAOSw9~5ZQzYf

Best week end price = $1.13 Free shipping

Edited by old4570

Yeah , got mine several weeks ago , was 99c USD .. and was buy now , not an auction .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jinhao-599-A-Trim-Green-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Nib-Smooth-Writing-Ink-Best-Present/222670116086?epid=2270146121&hash=item33d82c54f6:g:gVoAAOSwIINZ2HPU

Probably want this clip version ( for the clip )

Edited by old4570

The pen in the video and the same colored pens in the links look like Jinhao 599s as we know them. The dark colored 599A does not. I had already ordered a couple of those and am eager to see what I actually get. I have some "359C" pens that are not, as one might guess, a different version of the Hero 359, but rather a different pen made by Yiren. The blue pen in the link looks like a similar model and you can see the name "Yiren" on the barrel in the photo. These are good pens, but someone who wanted a 599 may or may not be happy with the much narrower nib or the fact it does not take standard international cartridges. In any case, the "under $1" market segment seems to be growing!-)