Monteverde Rose Noir - Quick Look

MsRedpen

My bottle of Monteverde Rose Noir arrived this Monday - and am already totally in love with this ink and colour.

This little pools of noir where the ink shades...... :wub:

The ink is very pen and paper dependent - from dark purple/burgundy on absorbent papers (hello, office papers!) to serious dusky pink on Rhodia.

Flow is good, the ink is not dry, but neither wet and even on low gr office paper no feathering!

As expected, dry time is around 20 sec on Rhodia - and as not expected - it is quite water resistant (it took a day to take it off my fingers...).

Here are 2 quick photos, same pen, different paper.

Sidenote: in reality, on Rhodia the live colour has a tad softer pink tone than on the picture.

fpn_1524152894__mv_rose_noir_1.jpg

fpn_1524152961__mv_rose_noir_2.jpg

I am afraid my pen pals will get all their letters in Rose Noir in the near future ... well, at least a page... this is too good and worth sharing!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• Newjelan

• DrDebG

• MsRedpen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks wonderful :) I have the jade noir ready for inking this weekend.

I noticed the ink is labelled as being made in the EU. I wonder who makes them?

✒️ :happyberet:

It is more water resistant than expected.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Great review! I ordered a sample and it should be here this weekend. I am anxious to give it a try!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I’ve had this ink in one pen or other since I bought a bottle a few months ago. It’s one of my favourites in the Noir series, alongside Ocean & Copper. Rose is a really unusual colour, with great shading, & looks good from any pen I’ve tried it in.

Mine looks slightly lighter, pinker & more smokey than yours, but that’s likely down to usual vagaries of computer representation.

Verba volant, scripta manent

migo, you are spot on!

The actual colour is indeed slightly lighter, pinker and more smoky than on my photos.

Thank you all for your comments!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

What an interesting colour. I have ordered the full set of Noir inks and can’t wait for them to arrive.

This looks like a good candidate for a head-to-head comparison with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses. I did a bakeoff of Mercury Noir vs. BSiAR and the verdict was that Mercury Noir was more like Black Swan in English Roses, sort of a red-brown rather than red-purple.

This looks like a good candidate for a head-to-head comparison with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses. I did a bakeoff of Mercury Noir vs. BSiAR and the verdict was that Mercury Noir was more like Black Swan in English Roses, sort of a red-brown rather than red-purple.

I’d guess that BSiAR is redder than Rose, which has quite a cool tone. And Rose shades a lot, more I think than the Noodler’s.

I’ll see if I can do a quick comparison..........

Here you go. Photo is a bit rough & ready, but I think you can make out the difference.

post-100486-0-65100300-1524235023_thumb.jpeg

I think that'd depend on which Australian swan you're comparing with. There've been (notoriously) several Australian swans. My particular version of Australian swan is much more purple than Migo's photo.

You’re right. I did mean to mention that this was the original formulation, from several years ago. I did have a bottle of the second, or was it third iteration, but really didn’t like it so I passed it on to a new home.

I’m linking my sister to your review because she’s right handed and the review feels very reminiscent of Larmes de Cassis which she likes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a chance to try my sample of Monteverde Rose Noir. It is a pleasant dark rose, and behaves well in the pens I have tried it in. It is a nice ink, but somehow the color doesn't capture my imagination as other shades in this genre. This is a sample that I will probably put away for a few months and come back to and try it again.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Finally filled a pen with this ink. I think it’s an interesting colour, dusty and not too pink. I have the original BSIAR and will do a side by side check to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

My side by side post of Rose Noir and BSIAR (Version 1). My result is similar to that of Migo984. The Paper is Rhodia Dots.

fpn_1527486132__screen_shot_2018-05-28_a