• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill P

• usk15

• Algester

• Mongoosey

Finally! I was looking forward to Jetstream in Parker's shape, thanks for head up!

hmmm

comes in boring black but with .5 and .7 tip sizes...

img_sxr-600_07.jpg

made for the newer Jetstream Prime pens which seems to use a twist mechanism I wonder how they executed it

Where did you see these being available?

I can't find them anywhere..

Thanks,

Bill

if the newer Jetstream prime versions can be bought at jetpens then the SXR-600 refills will be available with them as well

else you will need to import from Japan

https://www.pen-house.net/detail/detail39825_014.html

https://www.pen-house.net/detail/detail39826_014.html

case in point these are how the Jetstream primes made for the parker refill look like

Edited by Algester

Sounds great! Will it fit a Parker Rollerball? Still trying to figure out if the Parker-style refills are the same as Parker rollerball refills...

Sounds great! Will it fit a Parker Rollerball? Still trying to figure out if the Parker-style refills are the same as Parker rollerball refills...

The Parker ballpoint and rollerball refills have different shapes and dimensions.

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/PR04503/parker-rollerball-pen-refill

https://www.cultpens.com/c/q/explore/product-type/refills/parker-type-g2-refills

excluding the Parker Ingenuity most Parker Rollerballs will be cross compatible with Pilot G2 based refills (I totally dig the Juice up version of the pseudo needlepoint conical tip hybrid)

I inquired at Jet Pens and they replied:

"I don't know of any current plans to carry the Uni Jetstream Prime ballpoint pen or its refills, but I'm happy to forward a new product suggestion for them to our buyers. We're always looking for ways to improve our product selection, and customer feedback is greatly appreciated. Our buyers review all new product requests monthly and take suggestions into serious consideration, but please note that they cannot fulfill all requests"

Oh thank you for the information! Thats great news assuming it will work in Parker pens. The 0.7mm Jetstream is the perfect size for me. I like the Schmidt, but wish they came in a smaller point. Now, if only they would make one in a Lamy M16 sized ballpoint refill....

• 3 weeks later...

^ Wow, $8.50 USD a piece is quite pricey. You can get 10 units of the SXR-80 for $12. Hopefully they'll gradually drop in price. The Pilot BRFN-30 has trended around $5~8 USD, but if you're willing to buy more than one at a time, you can get the price down to $3.25 USD.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

^ Wow, $8.50 USD a piece is quite pricey. You can get 10 units of the SXR-80 for $12. Hopefully they'll gradually drop in price. The Pilot BRFN-30 has trended around $5~8 USD, but if you're willing to buy more than one at a time, you can get the price down to $3.25 USD.

Yeap, pricey!

I can get 10 Schmidt P9000M easyFLOW refills for £15.00, less than 2 Uni SXR-600 refills. Let's hope the price will drop soon, I'm keen to try these ones.

• 5 months later...

These are fantastic refills.

I have one in my rOtring Tikky and they fit perfectly and work great: much more comfortable pen than any jetstream pen I've tried.

I really like them because they don't bleed or show-through abnormally on Tomoe River Paper like Schmidt Easyflow9000's do, but write pretty much as well IMO. I do prefer the writing experience of the Easyflow9000's by a hair, but I wouldn't be upset substituting them for the 600-07's at all.

I look forward to when they don't cost so much so I can stock up on them.

• 1 month later...

I was going to pick up some at jetpens.

the price already dropped.

I'm waiting for it to drop more.

I have 2 refills of the 07's I'll ride out as long as I can. I found I preferred buying a Nanami Seven Seas Writer into instead of 4 refills I don't need yet.

I'd like to stock up on them though.

Has anyone written with the SXR-600-05's? Do the 05's still have as good a flow?

I've only written with the 07's, which I find significantly finer than the Easyflow9000's. How much finer do the 05's get?

I am curious...why would you not buy these refills from Amazon at $9.99 for 4 refills with free shipping...as opposed to waiting for Jet Pens to reduce their price from $7.25 for ONE refill plus shipping? I doubt JetPens will EVER get to the Amazon price. On Amazon you are buying direct from Uniball Jetstream.

Amazon $2.50/refill (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8K32HG/ref=twister_B07L8M45BN?_encoding=UTF8&th=1) for the .3, .5, .7

JetPens $7.25/refill PLUS shipping

There is another thread in this forum regarding these refills....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/342229-uni-jetstream-hybrid-ink-in-a-parker-g2-refill-now-in-the-us/

I find the .5 too fine...the .7 works great for me.

Bill P.

Edited by Bill P

I am curious...why would you not buy these refills from Amazon at $9.99 for 4 refills with free shipping...as opposed to waiting for Jet Pens to reduce their price from $7.25 for ONE refill plus shipping? I doubt JetPens will EVER get to the Amazon price. On Amazon you are buying direct from Uniball Jetstream.

Amazon $2.50/refill (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8K32HG/ref=twister_B07L8M45BN?_encoding=UTF8&th=1) for the .3, .5, .7

JetPens $7.25/refill PLUS shipping

There is another thread in this forum regarding these refills....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/342229-uni-jetstream-hybrid-ink-in-a-parker-g2-refill-now-in-the-us/

I find the .5 too fine...the .7 works great for me.

Bill P.

Thank you very much for the input!

I went ahead and ordered those instead.

I didn't find them in my searches.

That's wonderful to see.

I placed an order for the 0.7's and 0.5's

I do prefer the 0.7, but I wanted to try the 0.5 in my Tomoe River Notebooks (Nanami's, and a HippoNoto). I do love fountain pens with those notebooks, but I have a sweet spot for these hybrid gel pens and how they work on TRP.

BUT...

...the Schmidt Easyflow9000's actually do bleed through the paper and have a lot of show through showing. Very surprising for how resistant they are to even the wildest of foutnain pen inks I've thrown at it. For some reason the hybrid ink is so dense or has some quality that causes it to penetrate the paper further.

But I find The Uni Jetstream refills aren't as bad and acceptable in my opinion, but I've only used the 0.7's.

I surmise that the 0.5's may reduce the showthrough and potential bleedthrough even more.

And since the inkflow with these refills is so good on TRP, in may bring out the 0.5's potential fully.