The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy 2000 Replacement Nib - Hopelessly Searching...

lamy 2000 replacement nib l2k ef

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 ralfstc

ralfstc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:32

To summarise . . .  send it to Lamy Germany. They are incredibly helpful.

Sponsored Content

#22 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:47

This is what I would do.  :)

#23 marlinspike

marlinspike

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:36

Whatever you do, don't send it to the US Lamy distributor. I bought a new Dialog 3, it was defective out of the box, and I sent it in. They got it April 4. I still don't have a Dialog 3.

#24 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• 14,112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:01

Whatever you do, don't send it to the US Lamy distributor. I bought a new Dialog 3, it was defective out of the box, and I sent it in. They got it April 4. I still don't have a Dialog 3.

Depends on too which distributor you are pointing.

Lamy has a new distributor in the USA. The old distributor is still selling off old stock (must be depleted by now). If you sent it to them I can understand this.

Elsewhere in the Lamy forum there is a post about the new Lamy repair service.

I will look for the topic and post a link in the pinned topic.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#25 marlinspike

marlinspike

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 22:22

Depends on too which distributor you are pointing.

Lamy has a new distributor in the USA. The old distributor is still selling off old stock (must be depleted by now). If you sent it to them I can understand this.

Elsewhere in the Lamy forum there is a post about the new Lamy repair service.

I will look for the topic and post a link in the pinned topic.

D.ick

It's the new one.They were talking April 15, and then I asked April 28 and was told nothing yet waiting for an answer from the factory. Asked again May 5, never heard back. The repair side is being handled by the same guy it always was anyway, and he got to it and addressed it quickly, but the defect was non-repairable, so it's all up to the distributor and the company.

Edited by marlinspike, 12 May 2018 - 22:22.

#26 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• 14,112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 22:45

It's the new one.They were talking April 15, and then I asked April 28 and was told nothing yet waiting for an answer from the factory. Asked again May 5, never heard back. The repair side is being handled by the same guy it always was anyway, and he got to it and addressed it quickly, but the defect was non-repairable, so it's all up to the distributor and the company.

Ah, yes, if it has to go to Germany it will take time. That has nothing to do with the USA distributor. I think your warning above was not correct.

Anyway, I hope LAMY HQ will handle it diligently.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#27 marlinspike

marlinspike

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:17

From the sounds of the e-mail chain I got copied on, they don't send it to Germany, they just wait on a shipment to come in. Why they don't pull one from their store or make an arrangement with one of their authorized dealers, I don't know. I guess you buy a $300+ pen only to have it be defective, you should just sit there for months waiting for one you can use. What I do know is in the meantime I bought a Dialog 2, which also arrived defective. I simply sent that one back, and I think I am done with the brand.

Ah, yes, if it has to go to Germany it will take time. That has nothing to do with the USA distributor. I think your warning above was not correct.

Anyway, I hope LAMY HQ will handle it diligently.

D.ick

#28 nunez

nunez

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2018 - 00:50

Has anyone been able to get an answer from Lamy HQ? I sent a note, via the website, about three weeks back asking about a nib replacement (F->EF), but never received a response. Do you guys just pack it up, ship and hope it comes back, or make contact first?

#29 PearlJamFan

PearlJamFan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2018 - 23:53

*bump* 

Indeed - has anyone had repairs done?  Was there a cost?  How did you go about setting it up?  Any advice?

Thanks!

Has anyone been able to get an answer from Lamy HQ? I sent a note, via the website, about three weeks back asking about a nib replacement (F->EF), but never received a response. Do you guys just pack it up, ship and hope it comes back, or make contact first?

#30 nunez

nunez

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2018 - 00:02

I am guessing there is no one here...

I have just (hand, of course) written a letter to Lamy. Will let everyone know when/if I get a response from them.

#31 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2018 - 17:33

I've sent a couple of pens back to Lamy, Germany - a Dialog 3 I dropped and dented the barrel on (I was open and honest about this) and an Imporium I wanted a nib swap on and the flow reducing.  On each occasion I got a reply from their website (filling in the form) within a day or two at most, however they have a habit of going quiet once the pen is with them and are not quick to return however both mine have been great once they arrived and they didn't charge me for my own damage on the Dialog.

Might be worth trying the website a second time.

#32 MrDiBs

MrDiBs

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:21

You can try https://nibsmith.com/product/lamy-2000-nib/ 

or here its a bit cheaper https://www.ebay.com...r5Z-:rk:10:pf:0

Edited by MrDiBs, 09 January 2019 - 07:23.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy 2000, replacement nib, l2k, ef

Sponsored Content

|