Monteverde Usa Inks

Charles Skinner

Why are there no reviews of Monteverde USA ink in the "review section?" If such reviews exist, I don't know how to find them. I have a couple of bottles and like most of them very much.

C. S.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• ErrantSmudge

• DrDebG

• lapis

There are many reviews of Monteverde inks. You can see them if you go to the "Ink Reviews forum", then choose "Index of Ink Reviews" in the top part and look under M :)

I've written several. Other better-known reviewers, such as Visvamitra, have also written reviews of Monteverde USA inks.

And I've also become something of a fanboy for Monteverde inks. I have over 20 bottles of various Monteverde inks in my collection at the moment. They are nearly all well-behaved inks.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

There are quite a few. I've a bottle of Purple Reign right next to me, and am likely going to get a bottle of Horizon Blue as a work ink since it's easily washable.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

As said above, if you look here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/160612-index-of-ink-reviews/page-1

and then scroll down, you'll see this:

Monteverde

Blue Dickkooty2's, S. P. Colfer's review, Sandy1's review

Blue-Black w/ITF S. P. Colfer's review, corniche's

Brown Sandy1's review

Brown (2013) Sandy1's, chromantic's

Burgundy S. P. Colfer's review, Sandy1's review, antichresis'

Canyon Rust ErrantSmudge's, white_lotus', visvamitra's

Capri Blue ErrantSmudge's

Green Phormula's, ErrantSmudge's

Horizon Blue ErrantSmudge's

Orange Sandy1's review

Malibu Blue ErrantSmudge's

Purple/Violet pamsc's review, Tessy Moon's, Lgsoltek's

Sapphire Blue ErrantSmudge's

Turquoise Sandy1's review, S. P. Colfer's review

Yosemite Green ErrantSmudge's

Monteverde - Gemstone Collection

Amethyst visvamitra's

Charoite visvamitra's

Fireopal visvamitra's, Lgsoltek's

Garnet Lgsoltek's

Moonstone visvamitra’s

Olivine visvamitra's

Sapphire visvamitra's

Topaz visvamitra's

Monteverde - Noir Collection

Ocean Noir visvamitra's

Smoke Noir visvamitra's

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks to all of you who tried to make me believe that Monteverde USA does have "reviews" here on FPN. I have looked and looked and I find no review for Monteverde USA Erinite ink, for example. And others too. Am I missing something? Are you confused about what I am asking? Beats me! C. S.

Not all of the Monteverde USA inks have been reviewed by members, Charles. The Erinite is a pale green ink that is under the Monteverde USA "Gemstone Collection" but only 8 of the existing 11 inks have been reviewed here at FPN. Ruby, Onyx, and Erinite have not yet been reviewed. That may be why you aren't seeing it in your search.

All the Best.

As said above, if you look here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/160612-index-of-ink-reviews/page-1

and then scroll down, you'll see this:

Monteverde

Blue Dickkooty2's, S. P. Colfer's review, Sandy1's review

Blue-Black w/ITF S. P. Colfer's review, corniche's

Brown Sandy1's review

Brown (2013) Sandy1's, chromantic's

Burgundy S. P. Colfer's review, Sandy1's review, antichresis'

Canyon Rust ErrantSmudge's, white_lotus', visvamitra's

Capri Blue ErrantSmudge's

Green Phormula's, ErrantSmudge's

Horizon Blue ErrantSmudge's

Orange Sandy1's review

Malibu Blue ErrantSmudge's

Purple/Violet pamsc's review, Tessy Moon's, Lgsoltek's

Sapphire Blue ErrantSmudge's

Turquoise Sandy1's review, S. P. Colfer's review

Yosemite Green ErrantSmudge's

Monteverde - Gemstone Collection

Amethyst visvamitra's

Charoite visvamitra's

Fireopal visvamitra's, Lgsoltek's

Garnet Lgsoltek's

Moonstone visvamitra’s

Olivine visvamitra's

Sapphire visvamitra's

Topaz visvamitra's

Monteverde - Noir Collection

Ocean Noir visvamitra's

Smoke Noir visvamitra's

You folks who do all these reviews really rock. For those of us who live far from a pen store, these ink reviews make all the difference. Thank you!

ps: several of these Monteverde inks are beautiful

You folks who do all these reviews really rock. For those of us who live far from a pen store, these ink reviews make all the difference. Thank you!

ps: several of these Monteverde inks are beautiful

Agreed! I will not purchase an ink without reading one of the excellent FPN reviews!

I just wish there was a way to get back some of the photos that have been lost over time. Sniff! Sniff!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

....I just wish there was a way to get back some of the photos that have been lost over time. Sniff! Sniff!

word

Charles, please bear in mind that the reviews here are done voluntarily and out of the goodness of their heart by the reviwers. In most cases, they buy the ink out of pocket because the ink interests them at some level. If you want to see a review of the Monteverde inks that aren't already reviewed, by all means buy the ink and review them yourself for others to benefit from.

Monteverde has many, many reviews in the index here. No one has tried to make you believe anything. Merely the facts that are laid before you.

I count 53 colors on the Monteverde USA website. It will take a while for the members to review all of them, especially since some of the inks (the Noir and Emotions collections) have not been on the market for very long.

I don't currently have time to write detailed reviews of all the Monteverde inks I have on hand. But I have posted writing samples of all of them in the "Inky TOD" sample threads in this forum dedicated to specific colors (blacks, blues, reds, greens, etc.)

Edited by ErrantSmudge

See! I told you! C. S.

Cherles, you didn't specify that you were looking for one particular Monteverde ink in your first post. i.e. Monteverde Erinite. :mellow:

You said (and I quote): Why are there no reviews of Monteverde USA ink in the "review section?"

There are some Monteverde USA inks reviewed in the Ink Review section, and that was the question that everyone helpfully answered. :)

Sorry that your particular one might not be there, but maybe someone has reviewed it online in a blog somewhere, and if you type Monteverde Erinite in the search box one might come up. :thumbup:

It's true that not every specific ink produced by every ink manufacturer has made it into the ink review forum yet. :D

Yes Charles, with so many inks on the market, some (many) of them are bound to be missing from FPN.

But as Chrissy said, you can often find reviews of them elsewhere. I found:

http://althaven.com/blog/2018/3/2/review-monteverde-erinite

https://www.penchalet.com/blog/monteverde-erinite-ink/

https://blog.gouletpens.com/2017/07/monteverde-erinite-with-monteverde

They are all well done reviews.

1. Also, if you look at your screen -- depending of course on the selection of which FPN screen skin you prefer -- there is e.g. up to the right, under Sign Out, to the right of Search, a small symbol which looks like a gear.
  2. Hit that gear and make an advanced search. You can either simply just fill in Find words and leave the Search in section marked as default ¤ Forums, or you can include carefully any special filters as to choice of Author, Date etc.
  3. For example, if I just simply type in for Find words your "monteverde erinite" (without the exclamation marks), and then click down at the bottom Search now, or just hit the return-key, I immediately get 13 links where your ink has at least been mentioned (even if it's not a review).
  4. Whatever you find there, don't forget that you can always simply do a Google search.

Just do it !!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

The Reviews forum also has a Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here thread, pinned at the very top, where you can request reviews of specific inks from other FPN members. In fact, the most recent entry in that thread is a request for reviews of Monteverde Scotch Brown and Brown Sugar (neither of which I have).

Edited by ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge beat me to the punch. I was about to suggest the same thing.

I only have samples of a few of the Monteverde inks so far, except for the one they gave out as swag at DCSS several years ago (I have no idea what it's called -- it didn't actually say anywhere on the label, but it's a grey-blue color).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I just ordered Rose Noir and Mulberry Noir, which have not yet been reviewed. When the samples arrive, I will review them.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today