The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Parker Premier In The 80S

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kevennufc

kevennufc

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 00:57

I have recently come across some premier Athens in the 80s. Some with nib marked 585 and some with 18K. I wanna ask if anyone here knows is all premier has 18k nib or like Parker 75 some are equipped with 14 k nib?

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:54

The Premier was a French upgrade of the P75. The nib section as well the nib units used are the same and, hence, interchangable. The Premier originally came with 18k nibs. But there is no bar on putting 14k nib units on them. :)

Likewise you can also use the 18k nib unit on the regular P75.

Edited by mitto, 17 April 2018 - 01:56.

Khan

#3 kevennufc

kevennufc

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:57

I see. Thanks mitto for reply. 😃

#4 vicpen123

vicpen123

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:45

I have read in Lih-Tah Wong's encyclopedic and magnificent Parker 75 web site that the 18K nibs had a larger, combed collector so that the diameter was larger then the 585 (14K) nib and could not fit into the triangular grip.

He also writes that the Premier was a larger pen yet shared the section and nibs with the standard P75.

Find it at www.parker75.com

#5 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:57

Not so. The 18k nibs also came with the earlier production thin feed to be used with the triangular section as well with the fatty finned feed that is used with the later production rounded section.

The nib diameter[?] of both the 14k and 18k is the same. However, the thin feed nib unit would not fit the rounded section and the fat finned feed nib unit would not fit the triangular nib section.
Khan

Sponsored Content

|