The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Do You Store Your Inks In The Original Boxes Or Without It?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 DilettanteG

DilettanteG

Harmless Dilettante

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 18:51

I kept the ink boxes folded flat in a separate plastic tote for years and years. The inks themselves are on floor to ceiling shelves and placed on those little plastic risers in a closed closet in my temperature controlled office. In my recent decluttering purge all but a couple of the most interesting boxes went into the trash. I keep pen boxes, but most ink boxes are just pretty flimsy cardboard.

Sponsored Content

#62 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 18:54

not usually, i keep the bottles in a drawer in an antique desk so they are in the dark ....

#63 stylophilly

stylophilly

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 00:40

I find I treat my inks like I treat the dried herbs and spices in my kitchen: stored away from light and heat. Most of my ink bottles are in their boxes, but all are put away in a drawer.

#64 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2019 - 15:25

Yes, I keep inks in their boxes if they come with one, otherwise it's into the drawer (or a bigger box) for those who come naked.

#65 sombrueil

sombrueil

sad, but true

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2019 - 00:03

I have a small glass fronted wall cabinet (my husband made it for me using an old wooden divided-light window for the front). It is never in direct sunlight. I toss the boxes once I am sure I am going to keep the ink and not pass it on. In the case of Diamine, which has a tiny pasted label on top of the bottle lid, I make my own calligraphic labels for the fronts. Most others manage to list the color on the front of the bottle. 

I only have around a dozen inks at any one time anyway. Most of the cabinet is taken up with Ukrainian psanky easter eggs (a family Lenten pastime of long standing). 

#66 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 21:54

Sometimes I keep them in the box, sometimes not.  Additionally, I keep all of them in plastic tubs and cool and dark.  The tubs contain leakage.  It's a bit inconvenient keeping the ink in tubs, but probably safer. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

|