Fat Pens

Precise

Nobody has posted a pic of an ebonite giant from India. I've seen a couple of those, but they looked pretty crude. They might be eyedropper filled, which is something I've never tried.

Alan

They aren't necessarily eyedropper filled. If you look at the website of Peyton Street Pens (in Santa Cruz, CA), you will see that some of her Ranga pens are configured as cartridge converters or blow fillers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Precise

• Mew

• ingolf

• twin63

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody has posted a pic of an ebonite giant from India. I've seen a couple of those, but they looked pretty crude. They might be eyedropper filled, which is something I've never tried.

Alan

Ok. I will add some pictures of big ASA pens compared to a Montblanc Meisterstueck 149.

The ebonite pens comes with cartridge/converter option.

The acrylic pens (demonstrators) are eyedropper pens and are looking more "fat" than their ebonite counterparts.

post-121236-0-31334300-1523729786_thumb.jpg

post-121236-0-40390200-1523729796_thumb.jpg

The ebonite pens are using nibs with size #6 whereas the acrylic pens are using nib size #5.

Regards, Ingolf.

https://schreibkultur.requirements.de ... my blog - currently in German only

Tell us how you like them.

Thank you,

Alan

Ok. I will add some pictures of big ASA pens compared to a Montblanc Meisterstueck 149.

The ebonite pens comes with cartridge/converter option.

The acrylic pens (demonstrators) are eyedropper pens and are looking more "fat" than their ebonite counterparts.

attachicon.gif IMG_3939.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_3958.jpg

The ebonite pens are using nibs with size #6 whereas the acrylic pens are using nib size #5.

Regards, Ingolf.

Nobody has posted a pic of an ebonite giant from India.

Contact Ranga.

They will make anything you want.

Just draw the dimensions and you will have your very own custom pen for very little money.

@Ingolf: what's that big pen you posted in the previous page of this thread along with MB 149?

That pen is a fake pen. Instead of being a pen there is a ballpoint in it. So ... no fountain pen but a fake.

Tell us how you like them.

Thank you,

Alan

I´ve used both the demonstrator and the ebonite pens. They are real big pens. BTW ... as I have great hands big pens are working fine for me.

The demonstrators came first to use. As they are eyedropper pens they hold much ... very much ... ink. Filling the pen you might write for weeks. What I like is looking at the ink while writing. What I dislike is cleaning the pens. As you might see there a still some ink remaining that I couldn't clean.

The ebonite pen (the model with the polished finish) is a daily pen on my desk for taking short notes. It writes well and I like its minimalistic design. Nib, section, body and a cab. That's all. No further decoration just a pure pen.

Regards, Ingolf.

Edited by ingolf

https://schreibkultur.requirements.de ... my blog - currently in German only

Thought I would weigh in on this fat pen discussion with my Danitrio mikado eyedropper. As others have done, I have photographed it next to a MB 149 for comparison purposes.

I don't find MB 149 a particularly big pen. Thick, perhaps. But definitely not too long. I have owned it, but no longer have one now.

Delta Oro Dolcevita Oversized, dubbed "the bowling ball", is the longest and fattest of my collection, and I have many already listed.

the MB 149 does me just fine for normal use.

For short time to acquire, Bexley Prometheus on EBay from Howard Kexy. His id is bexlevy or something close. Great guy, great pens, and they are a bargain and we'll made. You can put any JoWo nib unit you want in it later for more flair of you wish.

I also recommend Indian ebonite pens from Ranga and Lotus. The Ranga 8B and Lotus Shikhar are nice, large, well made pens. They do take a few weeks to be made and shipped.

These are all $100 or so options to get you something you can really enjoy comfortably and hang on to for many years.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Howard Levy lists his Bexley pens on ebay regularly for about $90. I've bought many, and the Prometheus are my favorites. I've written before on this forum about what great value he delivers. I've also written that they are more trouble-free than my high-end pens.

Years ago I bought a #4 Ranga of similar diameter to my Prometheus. But it's section is skinny and at the time I hadn't learned that I find fat sections more comfortable. Perhaps he makes that too.

Alan

For short time to acquire, Bexley Prometheus on EBay from Howard Kexy. His id is bexlevy or something close. Great guy, great pens, and they are a bargain and we'll made. You can put any JoWo nib unit you want in it later for more flair of you wish.

I also recommend Indian ebonite pens from Ranga and Lotus. The Ranga 8B and Lotus Shikhar are nice, large, well made pens. They do take a few weeks to be made and shipped.

These are all $100 or so options to get you something you can really enjoy comfortably and hang on to for many years.

How about a photo without the cap?

Also dimensions and tell us how you like writing with it.

Thank you,

Alan

How much more Orange could you ask for?Delta+Dolcevita+Federico+Stantuffo+Oro-1

This looks appealing to me. How do you like it? I've never used an eyedropper. I like my pens a bit on the dry-ish side and have read on this forum that eyedroppers tend toward wet-ish? Do you agree?

Alan

Thought I would weigh in on this fat pen discussion with my Danitrio mikado eyedropper. As others have done, I have photographed it next to a MB 149 for comparison purposes.

Years ago I bought a #4 Ranga of similar diameter to my Prometheus. But it's section is skinny and at the time I hadn't learned that I find fat sections more comfortable. Perhaps he makes that too.

Alan

If my memory is correct, the 8B is a relatively new model, being a fatter 8.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)