The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fake Visconti Pen Case

visconti fake pen case counterfeit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolas_A

Nicolas_A

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:50

I recently purchased a supposedly new and unopened Visconti 3 Pen Case, however, I fear that I may have received a used counterfeit. The case does not have a metal V on the front of it nor does it have the Visconti logo on the back. In addition, the case was stated as new and unopened however the inside of the case had damaged felt. I just wanted some second opinions on this. I searched through FPN, google, and reddit, but I could not find anything. I can provide more pictures if necessary. 

Thank you,

Attached Images

• 30581589_1958902494122582_6730717891798237184_o.jpg

Edited by Nicolas_A, 12 April 2018 - 05:51.

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:54

Not an expert, but does not look authentic to me.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 praxim

praxim

On twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:37

Unless Visconti have changed their design significantly, I think it a fake. You have identified two problems, with front and back logos. The centre stitching looks a little different from mine, and the surrounding area puffier.

I would be interested in photos of the zipper tag and of the interior, if we decide it is still unclear.
Anyone owning three or more working pens is in no position to disparage choices by others.

#4 LanceSaintPaul

LanceSaintPaul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2018 - 14:27

I'm not sure it's even real leather.

#5 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:40

What were your motives for buying form this particular source? CLearly identifying the seller might help others avoid the same mistake.
Are you planning on attempting a return? Getting a quick and full refund would not be a problem if you had bought it from, say, Goulet, but then you would not be asking this question.
I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 13:55

I have several Visconti pen cases, and it looks nothing like mine.  :( They are stiff and quite rigid along the bottom and sides.

#7 auds

auds

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:22

My father just received a new 12 pen case from Appelboom that looks like this one. I think they might have changed the design. If you are interested I can take some comparison photos between the new 12 and a 6 pen pouch which has the metal logos.

Edited by auds, 16 April 2018 - 03:22.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, fake, pen case, counterfeit

Sponsored Content

|