The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Safari Charcoal Query

lamy lamy safari charcoal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sneeldip

sneeldip

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:49

Hello guys. I need some suggestions regarding my Lamy Safari Charcoal. I am attaching three pictures. The nib as seen in the picture has developed some sort of stain near the slit of the nib. I have tried soaking the nib in water for a couple of hours as well as washing it some liquid handwash. Nothing seems to remove the stain mark. Is it because of the ink I am using?

Next to the cartridge converter, if you zoom and observe carefully you will be able to see that some little amount of ink is trapped between the contact of the piston edge and the body of the converter. I have disassembled the converter, applied some silicone grease but still, ink gets trapped. It started from after one month of using the converter after the cartridge emptied.( I bought the safari around August last year). How to prevent this?

Attached Images

• Lamy nib.JPG
  • lamy converter1.JPG
  • lamy converter2.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:01

It looks like you've had some nib creep from the ink you are using. This might come clean if you use a Sunshine cloth or something similar, to clean the slit of the nib. Please be careful to not clean off the Lamy printing and nib tip width though.

Some of my Lamy converters have occasionally had ink go past the piston seal edge. I completely dunk them in some warm water, pump several times to get them clean, then shake the watery remains out of both ends.

#3 Astron

Astron

Ex astris scientia.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2018 - 19:42

The converter can be dismantled completely to get it clean. Tutorials are found online.

#4 Jakes_Take

Jakes_Take

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2018 - 20:55

The seal on the converter may not be making complete contact. As far as the nib goes, what ink are you using in it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, lamy safari, charcoal

Sponsored Content

|