The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Hardcover Cover For Softcover Notebooks?

hardback hardcover cover soft leather journal notebook a5 hard softcover

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:19

In the past nine years I've gone back and forth between hardcover journals and softcovers.  I've serially switched away from my beloved B5 Apica Premium CDs and Life Nobles because of the lack of a firm backing, but then serially switched back.  I keep coming back to them because I love these notebooks.  To each, his/her own on how firm the backing needs to be.  I've now made peace with doubling the softcover notebook back on itself to provide a firmer writing surface.  The paper covers need to be babied, but the spine tape stays in place and intact till they're archived.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

round-postcard-exc.png

Sponsored Content

#22 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:08

Thanks for the tip! That sounds like a easy solution when using good journals with good sewn binding. 

I've gotten used to using the A5 hard mat behind each page when I write and it's working pretty well.

This hard matt offered by Nanami fits perfectly inside the pages as a bookmark and is firm enough to allow me to write on my lap without the paper bending.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#23 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,152 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 16:41

Thanks for the tip! That sounds like a easy solution when using good journals with good sewn binding. 

I've gotten used to using the A5 hard mat behind each page when I write and it's working pretty well.

This hard matt offered by Nanami fits perfectly inside the pages as a bookmark and is firm enough to allow me to write on my lap without the paper bending.

Legal pads with thick backing also make excellent "bookmark"-type inserts.  Costco legal pads are quite good for this.  And they're easily cut to size with a utility blade.  The pads are worth the money just to harvest the stiff backs.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

round-postcard-exc.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardback, hardcover, cover, soft, leather, journal, notebook, a5, hard, softcover

Sponsored Content

|