Can We Replace The Nib Of A 51 With The Nib Of A Wing Sung 601

rizo

Probably you know the chines almost clone Wing Sung 601. Do you think that we could use his nibs in the Parker 51 in any way?

fpn_1522101941__601-3.jpg

This is the nib of a Wing sung 601

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• Brian-McQueen

• mitto

• sundragon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'We" can not. I do not know about others.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Let's not think small. While we're wondering about top of the line pens, there is the further question of whether the nib of a WS 601 would work in the section of a Montblanc 149. Or Aurora's diamond-encrusted extravaganza. A Parker 51 barrel and hood with a Parker 51 nib is, I agree, a rather pedestrian combination. Lots of people do that.

We may also ask whether a Parker 51 nib would work in a Wing Sung 601. Fortunately, there is an ample supply of all these elements. Knowledge marches on.

It's cheap enough if you want to try it, but I don't even like the Parker Octanium nib as a replacement for a Parker 51 gold nib, so it wouldn't be my choice. :(

I think what people on this thread are saying is, maybe, but why would you want to?

Because would be a cheap way to repair old Parker 51. Sometimes we don´t repair Parker 51 because they have a cap with dings, the barrel is in bad condition Etc, A gold parker nib is expensive a wing sung no. With a cheap nib we can use this damaged parker 51 to write, maybe nof for collection but for to write.

And there are wing sun nib in F and M.

Because would be a cheap way to repair old Parker 51. Sometimes we don´t repair Parker 51 because they have a cap with dings, the barrel is in bad condition Etc, A gold parker nib is expensive a wing sung no. With a cheap nib we can use this damaged parker 51 to write, maybe nof for collection but for to write.

And there are wing sun nib in F and M.

Fair question I guess. I did some online research and I don't think so. Someone posted a nib comparison between the Wing Sung 618 and the Parker 51. As you can see the Wing Sung is smaller.

post-139272-0-66017000-1523265439.jpg

I forgot to add, I think the Wing Sung 618 uses an identical nib to the Wing Sung 601.

Edited by Arstook

Probably you know the chines almost clone Wing Sung 601. Do you think that we could use his nibs in the Parker 51 in any way?

fpn_1522101941__601-3.jpg

This is the nib of a Wing sung 601

Firstly..there ain't no we.....Your question....my answer.....Hell no.....And the Wing Sung 601 {I have 'em}.....Ain't no freakin' Parker "51"......No Way Jose.....

Fred

Quote of the day:

" To make this pen perform as it should you really want to send it to a competent repair person, with an emphasis on competent."

~ Rick

Looking at your picture I suspect if you also change the collector it should work. Just pop the barrel on the lathe and bore out the end to the correct diameter then trim the collector to fit in the original hood.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Looking at your picture I suspect if you also change the collector it should work. Just pop the barrel on the lathe and bore out the end to the correct diameter then trim the collector to fit in the original hood.

:)

Khan M. Ilyas

Interesting.

This calls for a cartoon of some sort. Like the Gahan Wilson carton picturing the Frankenstein monster, top of his head removed and on the table, his brain positioned on a rack (read torture device), and him winding it up.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

It is not possible. I ordered a Wing Sung 601 so I could compare it to a Parker 51. The nib/feed/collector are all smaller than an original Parker 51. The parts do not exchange in either direction.

Brian needs a lathe...

I'm confused. The collector of a Parker 51 should fit the hood of a Parker 51 without any need for alterations with a lathe. The pens come with a collector that fits them. (At least my 51s did.)

What we seem to need is a rack, as mentioned by pajaro, that would stretch the WS nib to fit the existing 51 collector.

Where the OP might need a lathe is if he had a 51 nib and collector and wanted to fit them into a Wing Sung 601. But that wasn't the original question.

Of course, if we are helping Brian McQueen have some fun in the workshop, yes, why not do it in the opposite direction. As for rizo, if he needs a 601-sized collector, they come with the pen.