The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Callifolio Inti Meets The Gang

lartisan pastellier callifolio inti

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 22:07

Left to right:

Row 1: Ama Iro, Kon Peki, Équinoxe 6, Souten, Tsuyu Kusa, Asa Gao, Myosotis, Ajisai.

Row 2: Chiku Rin, Vert Empire, Verde Muschiato, Ina Ho, Lie de Thé, Yama Guri, Perle Noire, Perle Noire.

Row 3: Mandarin, Fuyu Gaki, Orange Indien, Ancient Copper, Rouge Hematite, Poppy Red, Verdigris.

fpn_1523224938__inti_and_co.jpg

I'd long been looking for a yellowish ink, and had Ambre de Birmanie in my sights, but eventually tried Inti. I'm liking it, but unfortunately cultural acclimatization means the first thing I thought when I got it was... Baby food.

It took me a few attempts to get the tone right, it does look a lot like Lgsoltek's review.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Sponsored Content

#2 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:30

Cool :)

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 13:52

Superb. Nice way to compare. One colour, not with a row of other, similar colours, but with three rows of completely dissimilar colours.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 16:11

I forgot to add: this is on Rhodia n. 8 pad.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#5 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 16:19

Great comparison!  This is a very novel way to show color comparisons.  Well done! 

I love most of the Callifolio inks that I have tried.  Inti, though, is not one of my favorites.   I found it to be quite dry.  But, then again, my opinion of the color may have influenced my overall conclusion. 

Edited by DrPenfection, 09 April 2018 - 16:20.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#6 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 16:37

Great comparison!  This is a very novel way to show color comparisons.  Well done! 

I love most of the Callifolio inks that I have tried.  Inti, though, is not one of my favorites.   I found it to be quite dry.  But, then again, my opinion of the color may have influenced my overall conclusion. 

Thank you! It's probably an acquired taste... After my initial semi negative reaction (chicken carrot baby food :sick: ??), it started growing on me, and is currently passing my main test: it makes me want to write more. To my eyes it also gets along with all my other inks. It probably doesn't hurt that I'm using it with my new (to me) m205, which is just stunning :rolleyes: ...

fpn_1523215249__pelikan_m205.jpg

Edited by pseudo88, 09 April 2018 - 16:41.

B. Russell

#7 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 16:41

Cool :)

Coming from the master, it's quite a compliment!

B. Russell

#8 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 16:41

Superb. Nice way to compare. One colour, not with a row of other, similar colours, but with three rows of completely dissimilar colours.

Thank you!

B. Russell

#9 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 18:20

Running commentary as I use it more: it seems decently wet, so it might be a question of the pen and paper? In this case, said m205 with a steel fine nib and so far Rhodia and Clairefontaine pads/notebooks. I'm getting quite a bit of shading.

B. Russell

#10 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,071 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 19:43

I think it's good looking baby food.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#11 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 22:59

I think it's good looking baby food.

:lticaptd:

B. Russell

#12 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,868 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 20:08

I swapped Inti onto a Muji aluminium pen, but it was coming out murkier, probably because Myosotis occupied that pen for a while. After disassembly (which is very easy, the feed just pulls out), cleaning and drying, it's coming out in a lighter colour, less like baby food and more yellow, which I quite like; it's still easily legible.

fpn_1524427376__inti_muji.jpg

While I'd come to expect wetter pens to turn inks darker, it was the opposite here. I was watching a documentary called River Elegy, which partially uses a metaphor of China and the Yellow River, which was quite à propos.

B. Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lartisan pastellier, callifolio, inti

Sponsored Content

|