News About Nibsmith

Northernrobin

does anyone know whats up? He has a pen of mine for tuning. Its due any day now. when I went to his site..I see he is no longer accepting new orders..and I am hoping to get my pricey pen returned..Hopefully he is well.

I am also new here..though I've lurked about for some time. I collect pens. My interest is for light ones with greater than 10mm grips..due to arthritis. Just tried a lamy Nexx, whose grip is a bit bigger. I've come to the conclusion that pens meant for children or beginners work, as long as they are light weight. The pen the nib smith has of mine is a new Waterman with a scratchy nib. Scratchy nibs also are not a good idea with arthritis. It was not anything like the Pilot 95 elite for smoothness, though they both have integrated nibs.

Edited by Northernrobin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannzeman

• Northernrobin

• BlueJ

• omarcenaro

Working through my nib work queue is going slower than expected and the wait time just got longer than I was comfortable with so I've temporarily suspended accepting new nib work orders. I'm working through them as quickly as I can.

I just came on line here to kill any rumours about the nibsmith. I did contact him directly and basically he told me the same thing he said above. I am just happy its not more serious..like an illness or worse..I have no problem waiting longer for my pen.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

I really like the humble Pelikano Jr. It is a wonderfully writing school pen that has a large light section and can be found for under $20.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also waiting for two pens from Daniel. I've sent several e-mails and phone calls without response. Some simple communication would be helpful.

I'm also waiting for two pens from Daniel. I've sent several e-mails and phone calls without response. Some simple communication would be helpful.

Let's not tell tall tales here. You sent one email that you didn't get a response to within 36 hours before you came here to complain. All your other emails I've responded to within minutes. You also made a call on Saturday morning before I had even woken up.

I have a pen on the way back from Dan now. The Estimated Time of Arrival had to be pushed back twice but he responded promptly to all enquiries.

Don't worry, Dan will take care of your pen in due time. I have 2 pens with Dan. He replied promptly to my one email checking on status. Each pen is different, some are quick fixes and others take longer. Dan takes the time needed for your individual pen and its issue. When he gets to your pen you are going to want him take as much time as need to tune your pen. Let's also remember that this is custom work done by hand. As I said to Dan in my email, take as much time as you need, no rush.

Thanks for your craftsmanship Dan,
Ozzy

Edited by omarcenaro

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Let's not tell tall tales here. You sent one email that you didn't get a response to within 36 hours before you came here to complain. All your other emails I've responded to within minutes. You also made a call on Saturday morning before I had even woken up.

Wow, you handled that very well, Dan. I can see why he hasn’t responded. He was dishonest and he’s too embarrassed to respond. I hope you don’t accidentally misplace his nib for several months.