Today I'm reviewing Diamine Orange ink.
Diamine Orange is a saturated orange dye based ink that I think is the perfect orange. It neither leans towards the yellow end of the colour spectrum, nor the red end of the colour spectrum and is from Diamine Inks standard range.
Diamine Orange is a well named ink. It does “what it says on the jar” absolutely spot on orange. More orange than Blaze Orange and Sailor Jentle Apricot, but not quite as “retina searing” as Pumpkin.
I found it flowed well in the pens I used it with, although it felt very slightly dryer than Coral and Peach Haze. Lubrication was good, but I would have liked a little more. No shading or sheen noticed.
I haven’t had this ink in my pens for an extended period, but I know that many orange or yellow inks can have a tendency to cause “ink crud” on some pen nibs.
- Flow Rate: Good.
- Lubrication: Good. I would have preferred slightly more.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Saturated ink
- Shading Potential: No shading seen.
- Sheen: None seen.
- Rhodia Dot Pad
- Tomoe River 52gsm
- Oxford lined pad
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen, even on Field Notes.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 1 week in the pen
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen - easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Easy clean-up with bar soap.
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
- Availability: Available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic bottles and cartridges from Diamine Inks web-site and many other outlets.