• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• AndyLogan

• adim

• blottingpaperforlife

And if I'm honest, it does seem quite strange for Montblanc to be running this (quite expansive) secondary Saint-Exupery collection alongside the current WE. It's a shame that they haven't done this with previous writers editions (different pens for Shakespeare's plays would have been awesome).

~ horationelson:

When I read your idea above it made a powerful impression.

I'd looked over the images which Pravda kindly posted of the pens in a boutique, unsure what to think of the design elements.

Your comment about pens based on elements from Shakespeare's major plays — that would be a tremendous series.

Thank you for posting such a thought-provoking idea. If you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have considered it.

Tom K.

I read the book as a child but couldn't appreciate it back then.

It might be full of silly-looking sketches and naive-sounding dialogues, but this is a very deep book.

It's an adult's read, rather than a story for kids.

I’m looking at that star on the clip and having flashbacks to the old USSR. Not just on uniforms but the old GUM store.

I always thought the WE with the plane theme was a little odd. This release is much more like I would have originally expected. Its as if they felt this too. I like the designs but I really do not like that yellow star. It looks really odd to me and puts me off buying one.....if I could.

Saint-Exupery was a pilot and writer. He flew some of the first mail routes and raced planes and was stranded many times in some of the most isolated places on the planet. The book of short stories Wind Sand and Stars is an ode to those flying adventures.

Le Petit Prince was inspired by crashing and being stranded for days and hallucinating in the desert in North Africa. The star, like the prince and the fox, are from Saint-Exupery's own drawings for the book.

I still have both books, and would recommend both.

I'm curious what the next pens will be. The rose? And...?

Edited by cattar

The blue resin looks dynamite--looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. I'm not crazy about the engraved fox in the cap and the star. The quote looks lovely at top. I imagine this will be very popular in thr Asian market, it is very cute.

I dont believe I have read Le Petit Prince either. But, I think the pens have potential and I am looking forward to seeing them. I also like the three year roll-out concept seems like a great business approach.

I will be snagging the non solitaire LeGrand with the resin section. Have been waiting for a beautiful dark blue LeGrand model in resin and this one does it for me. Cant wait :)

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

I will be snagging the non solitaire LeGrand with the resin section. Have been waiting for a beautiful dark blue LeGrand model in resin and this one does it for me. Cant wait :)

I agree — this is the pen that has garnered my initial attention.

I have not read the book so I bought a copy tonight.

I like the potential for the ink. Hopefully someone posts a review soon.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Anyone have a view of the metal piston knob on this model? Does it affect the balance of the pen? I think the ultra black legrand had the same mix of materials.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

I'm with you...very much looking forward to a blue Meisterstuck!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

The pens were put on display in the boutique this afternoon:

Thank you Pravda! This is why we love you here!

When I first saw the promo photos my reaction was WT(X!), but seeing your pictures (which I have to say are a lot nicer) I can appreciate the beauty of this range. The yellow star is off putting (communism?) but it is a unique touch. I like the nib though.

I certainly won't be buying anything, but the nib does look nice. I think it could sell well enough on its own.

I now wonder if there could be a market for this. Just nibs with interesting (or even custom) stamping. Stock Jowo nibs write great, but they look boring.

Mine as well. I wasn't too keen on the metal section where you write with the Solitaire LeGand and Solitaire Duoé.

Edited by AndyLogan

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

I like the collection, but it feels a bit too much like the Unicef Solitaire... Maybe the resin version...

Yes it is the feeling I have on the photo of MB website. As I didn't buy the Unicef Solitaire but the skeleton I think I will buy this Solitaire edition.

I'm almost certain I'll buy the "146" version. I was in the market for one more MB and was eyeing the Brahms. Although I do like the overall design, I'm really not a fan of the nib engraving, with that generic dove for the Donation collection. Furthermore, I'm loving my gold 146 more and more, I love the feel and the balance it has, whereas I felt the Brahms a bit back-heavy, because of the metal piston knob.

Now, seeing this new collection and being a huge fan of dark blue, it seems almost a no-brainer to get the "146". It looks special enough to not seem a copy of the 146 I already have. I especially like the nib and cap engraving, as well as the quote below the finial. I'm a bit skeptic about the metallic (?) piston knob in this case as well, but I can't wait to try it in the boutique.

Oh, and as far as I can tell from the official MB website, it is available with an M nib. Let's hope they'll make F as well.

I went to my reseller this afternoon to see the new pens unfortunately he hadn't yet received them, just one Doue last week already sold but I'm more interested in the Solitaire than the Doue that is smaller according to my reseller. He also shown me in an ad received from MB that a small model based on Mozart design and size is foreseen with a special packaging including a small notebook but I don't know what is the launch date about it.

As my reseller hasn't yet received the notebook too I just bought the ink Petit Prince Red Fox and these are my first tests writing with it with my Miles Davis 1926 with M nib:

27405874068_f8a79f0150_b.jpg

And here it is some citations of Le Petit Prince in French:

41234955382_56f6915ecd_b.jpg