• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Tom Kellie

• Memorexx

• mjchuang9

It looks pretty! i like the overall design and the colors... will have to look at it closely, but i dont think i'm in the market for another POA... maybe for the writer of this year.

And the ink, what color is it?

Hmmmm, another ink purchase for sure.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

It looks pretty! i like the overall design and the colors... will have to look at it closely, but i dont think i'm in the market for another POA... maybe for the writer of this year.

And the ink, what color is it?

~ Reed_thoughts:

I've likewise wondered what color “Swan Illusion” ink might be.

The only place I saw this posted online was the Deutschland Montblanc Web site.

The German information about the ink tells much, but not the color.

It looks dark in the bottle. A tint of grey? Silvery brown?

As those colors interest me, I'm eager to hear from anyone who has seen it or knows more.

Tom K.

with these new drawer style packing, the drawer colour represents the ink colour.

looks like a nice colour... surely intriguing... might be ligher version of something like iroshizuku

ina ho, diamine golden brown.

Really nice pen, much nice of what I saw on previous photo posted by pen boutique but I prefer the 888 edition even if I will have a better idea if I can see the pen in real. Now from what I saw on the MB site for the 888 I hesitate with the 888 of 2017 for a future purchase but I think my next one will be first a Namiki I really like, the Manekineko/fortune cat.

with these new drawer style packing, the drawer colour represents the ink colour.

looks like a nice colour... surely intriguing... might be ligher version of something like iroshizuku

ina ho, diamine golden brown.

~ vikrmbedi:

Thank you so much for the helpful information and explanation.

It does indeed look like an interesting color.

Tom K.

Fountain Pen Hospital has the picture on its sight. Pass. The design is too busy for me.

Fountain Pen Hospital has the picture on its sight. Pass. The design is too busy for me.

~ Ghost Plane:

Do my weary old eyes deceive me?

If you look at the two images posted above, do you notice a difference in them, with regard to the ‘steps’ which you've kindly explained to me?

The upper image seems to have a ‘step’ yet the second one doesn't.

I'm not so young and I'm unreliable on such visual judgment.

Am I imagining a difference where there is none?

Tom K.

You’re right. The top photo has a definite step, the bottom apparently not. It’s often hard to tell if photos are photoshopped to the point of losing edges. But not unknown in fashion where a woman can lose half her thighs to fit someone’s catalogue requirements.

~ Ghost Plane:

Do my weary old eyes deceive me?

If you look at the two images posted above, do you notice a difference in them, with regard to the ‘steps’ which you've kindly explained to me?

The upper image seems to have a ‘step’ yet the second one doesn't.

I'm not so young and I'm unreliable on such visual judgment.

Am I imagining a difference where there is none?

Tom K.

God forbid someone questions your perception Tom Kellie..!! You have such a strong attention to details, you shouldn't be so modest :happyberet:

If I am allowed to add mine however, I can say that when I handled the pen in person last week I noticed that it is noticeably a very 3-d animated pen, with crevices and grooves and steps all over the place. Even the feathers stand out with a texture.

The 888 version is a little bit more subtle and aesthetically appealing in my eyes. But the 'wow' was the Artisan piece. It even had a skeleton window where a proper swan with real feathers was housed :yikes:

God forbid someone questions your perception Tom Kellie..!! You have such a strong attention to details, you shouldn't be so modest :happyberet:

If I am allowed to add mine however, I can say that when I handled the pen in person last week I noticed that it is noticeably a very 3-d animated pen, with crevices and grooves and steps all over the place. Even the feathers stand out with a texture.

The 888 version is a little bit more subtle and aesthetically appealing in my eyes. But the 'wow' was the Artisan piece. It even had a skeleton window where a proper swan with real feathers was housed :yikes:

~ Pravda:

Ha! I want a cygnet...but one without any ‘steps’.

Ghost Plane has me wary of pens with ‘steps’ to the section.

All of the micro nooks and crannies you found on the pen surfaces sound like it's a pleasure to hold.

The feathered swan in an Artisan version...incredible!

Tom K.

I hope some photo will be published on internet to see it :) That is the problem with the Artisan edition so many fantastic pens but not lot of info about them and less more photo :) It is shame because even if most of us can't offer them we could at least dream :)

I totally agree on the swan and the feathers, simply amazing. And the 40 editions of the Artisan piece were sold out shortly after presentation in January (priced at 58,000 Euro).

I’m holding out for an albatross. (Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner) Swans are too tame for me and castles overrated once one sees the heating bills.

Proximity to Disney totally ruins this for me as I live in dread of the “feminine” pink-skirted princess version MB is bound to decide I need.