Lamyusa Continues To Liquidate

bogiesan

The promotions change every 7-8 days.

This week is a twofer sale, buy one, get the lowest price item free. Some restrictions apply. Their supply of fountain pens is down to some LX, Scala, and 2000 M units. Seems all the Safaris and AlStars are gone. But you might be able to pick up those two 2000s youve always wanted for only $300 each!

Me, Im waiting for the last of the last of the LX/EFs to drop below the cost of the nib alone and I buy three.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bogiesan

• ErrantSmudge

• ParkerDuofold

• JustinS

Thanks! I got my L2KM for less than that during another sale ... and am very happy with it.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Cheaper elsewhere, like newegg for example.

Unless I'm mistaken--what is an LX? Looks like a Safari to me for <gasp> $70 at lamyusa.

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

Unless I'm mistaken--what is an LX? Looks like a Safari to me for <gasp> $70 at lamyusa.

Hi Escribo, et al,

A Lamy LX is an Al-Star fitted with metal finials instead of plastic... and those... along with the clip... have been electroplated with a precious/semi-precious metal... either gold, rose-gold, palladium or ruthium, (sp).

I'm not sure, but I think the chosen precious metal may also be present in the anodized finish as well... but don't hold me to that one.

The nib is also unique... black with a gold pinstripe... using the PVD coating process; which is superior to the finish on their standard black nibs.

I have all four, but I got mine for $21 each when they were having a 70% off sale... which is less than you'd pay for a Safari, let alone an Al-Star. I would never pay list price... or even what most dealers sell them for... around $55.

Be well. :)

- Anthony

Just to follow-up...

...the packaging is pretty cool, too. :)

If I think of it, I'll snap a crummy pic of my lot for you tomorrow. :D

(Also, just to be PERFECTLY above board... I had to get my rose-gold version off of e-bay for $40; LamyUSA had already been sold out of them... but I wanted the complete set).

- A.C.

I have the rose gold LX, but would really like a gold nib for it. Sadly, I've never seen one for sale at a price I'm willing to pay. :(

They’ve been going out of business for at least 6 months, maybe a year. Great bargains have come and gone. The point is to keep watching the site and snap up the items you want, while you can, because the offers change every week and there’s hardly anything left in their inventory. Those of us watching the site have our favorite places to shop.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

I have the rose gold LX, but would really like a gold nib for it. Sadly, I've never seen one for sale at a price I'm willing to pay. :(

I have the Gold LX, which I have only because of the liquidation price. They were selling gold nibs 50% off at one point, and I wish I had bought one then. The site seems long out of stock on nibs now.

I have the Palladium LX, and I think it's kinda meh. Honestly, it looks like a Apple product, pretty on the outside, but not really much special performance-wise. I got another (really horrible) fine nib with mine, so I guess the pen is just ok? Not worth the extra 40-30 plus dollars.

I noticed that I couldn't find Lamyusa's repair center webpage. Where did it go? Did they move location again or did they close?

I have the Palladium LX, and I think it's kinda meh. Honestly, it looks like a Apple product, pretty on the outside, but not really much special performance-wise. I got another (really horrible) fine nib with mine, so I guess the pen is just ok? Not worth the extra 40-30 plus dollars.

I noticed that I couldn't find Lamyusa's repair center webpage. Where did it go? Did they move location again or did they close?

Hi Flippy,

Check your L2K post... I linked a couple (hopefully) helpful videos AND gave you Lamy's new service address.

- Anthony

2018-04-10:

Today’s promotion is a site-wide salt, Deep discounts. The remaining inventory is thin. Very thin.

You enablers. I just bought a Palladium LX and two Scalas, one for myself and one for the spouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this reply from LamyUSA. My order was a Palladium LX, two Scalas, and two boxes of ink cartridges. They were listed as in stock when I placed the order.

Seems like LamyUSA is finally reaching the bitter end.

Hello!

You placed an order with LAMY USA on 04/11/2018

Unfortunately, all of the items you chose are sold out and will not be restocked.

The order will be deleted and the authorization hold on your account will drop off. Please place another order online for available pens www.lamyusa.com .

We are sorry for the delay in which this message is being delivered. Since we are no longer the US distributor for LAMY in Germany, we are running out of stock on items very fast, and adjustments are made weekly.

Thank you for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience. Check out www.lamy.com to find out who the new US distributor for LAMY is.

I'd like to offer you free shipping off of your next order and 20% off. All you need to do is let me know your new order# here.

Thanks,

Linette Garcia

Customer Service

Blueline Rediform

Edited by ErrantSmudge

I just got this reply from LamyUSA. My order was a Palladium LX, two Scalas, and two boxes of ink cartridges. They were listed as in stock when I placed the order.

Seems like LamyUSA is finally reaching the bitter end.

Hello!

You placed an order with LAMY USA on 04/11/2018

Unfortunately, all of the items you chose are sold out and will not be restocked.

The order will be deleted and the authorization hold on your account will drop off. Please place another order online for available pens www.lamyusa.com .

We are sorry for the delay in which this message is being delivered. Since we are no longer the US distributor for LAMY in Germany, we are running out of stock on items very fast, and adjustments are made weekly.

Thank you for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience. Check out www.lamy.com to find out who the new US distributor for LAMY is.

I'd like to offer you free shipping off of your next order and 20% off. All you need to do is let me know your new order# here.

Thanks,

Linette Garcia

Customer Service

Blueline Rediform

Yikes! Am I the only one surprised by this email? It definitely sounds like a going-out-of-business response. If Lamy USA goes away, where does that leave us USA customers? What happens to the USA distribution of Lamy products?

Yikes! Am I the only one surprised by this email? It definitely sounds like a going-out-of-business response. If Lamy USA goes away, where does that leave us USA customers? What happens to the USA distribution of Lamy products?

A replacement distributor exists.

Lamy switched USA distributors in the fall of 2017. The "LamyUSA" sale is the old distributor liquidating leftover inventory.

The new USA distributor has taken some positive moves, such as opening two boutique stores, one in New York City and the other in San Francisco.

Lamy switched USA distributors in the fall of 2017. The "LamyUSA" sale is the old distributor liquidating leftover inventory.

The new USA distributor has taken some positive moves, such as opening two boutique stores, one in New York City and the other in San Francisco.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I had heard about the opening of the two stores. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

There is hardly anything left at lamyusa. Only one fountain pen, some refills, lots of ballpoints and rollers.

I don’t know anything about their history but I hope they had a good run as the mail order source and that the employees went on to better things.