M600 - Too Wet (Need Help)

Oshi

Vintage pens are seldom faked, in it takes too much work.

A 146/9 that takes cartridges is a fake.

Many of the Chinese pen workers, do their 12 hours and to make money make MB's after work.

Dupont....is a major faked pen.........I even had one. At E35 at a flea market I thought it would be fake....but 'hoped'...it looked so very good.. The paper work and the box looked good....but Jar told me it was a fake.....the 'gold' nib was magnetic. The box and the paper work were a bit 'off'; something you can look up here.

And why the hell would one keep, advertisement of other Dupont items? After buying the real pen? (Had the nib been smoothed a bit more...even fake it would have been a E100 pen.............the best of the fakes.)

I do now have a real Dupont pen...the underside of a real Dupont clip is as polished as any's top of the clip of others. There is also a serial number, to check before buying on Ebay. The higher the rate of a seller the better.

OK.... In I was a 'greedy' 'noobie' I was in the Pen of the Week in the Mail Club. :angry:

Looking at the then E15-20 and later E 30 pens.

Pen of the Month Club did get me better pens....and I was up to E50 :yikes:.

I highly suggest the Pen of the Quarter Club....in you have a lot more time to research what you want next....and are able to save money for a better pen.....

Best Buy Semi-flex, a standard sized three Geha 790 in semi-flex....Once E20-30...now if lucky E40 up to 60. A Pelikan 140 starts near E90. The Geha 790 is a very well balanced pen. Torpedo was very IN in the '50-60s. MB 146/9, Swan, 400nn, medium small 140s. (The Geha flagship medium-small 760 is much more expensive....E120....some 760 that is rare and fancy like I missed as shown in the previous pictures were E160. )

Posted the 140 or the 760...are very well balanced and having longer caps post as long as a standard 400/790. Small in the shirt pocket, good sized in the hand. (Do buy shirts with pockets....sitting on pens break them.)

'58-59 true three ring 790....seldom.

oWb4qI2.jpg

Showing the three rings of the '60-72 790/760.

WotaRYp.jpg

Best Buy in regular flex is a Geha School pen with the serial number. E-19 if you look....if you are in the States, German Pirates sell a polished one for 'Only $89, Buy Now Idiot."

It is a very, very good regular flex nibbed pen.

The '50-60's Pelikan 120 will cost three times the price of the Geha School pen. No rings...just the clip ring.

Two posters whom I respect reported Geha nibs were a tad better than Pelikan. I checked and they were right.

Do Not Buy, any Geha Cartridge pens, in you can not get any cartridges for them....in Geha made a cartridge, one side fit the Geha, the other the Pelikan. There are no Geha cartridge's being made. I sent a few of my rare Geha Cartridges to a company that makes cartridges of all sorts in Slovakia.... including Sheaffer, and they never got back to me.

xxx

Two of my prettiest pens....Austria did make real nice pens also, RUSEWE these are early-mid '50's pens in they are cork instead of plastic gasket 1.0. . If you do ever get a NOS....new old stock, with a cork, soak it in water for a day or three before inking, in the cork is old and needs help. These were relatively inexpensive really. And both were NOS...It cost me half what I paid for Austrian mailing, which is more expensive than EU and much more than German.

A very tiny 'cracked ice', The green one is standard sized.

Good Bock semi-flex nibs.

6Cdx0LR.jpg

iyftakH.jpg

HKnDEc6.jpg

hslHzkC.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oshi

• Bo Bo Olson

• invisuu

• bemon

man, so much good info again... i really appreciate it!

you get me going, it will take some time to research all of this, thanks.

looks like word "spezial" on the green austria pen was originally "special" :rolleyes:

do you have a link for the Pen of the Quarter Club?

google finds nothing.

Edited by Oshi

Did you know about the Viena Pen Show? http://www.penshow.at

Thanks a lot for this link. This is the first pen show I found that is actually close to my location. Thanks to you, I will definitely be attending it.

Thanks a lot for this link. This is the first pen show I found that is actually close to my location. Thanks to you, I will definitely be attending it.

My pleasure. When you go please take some pictures and share them with us.

Pen of the week, month and quarter are my 'invention', in there was a time when I had a pen in the mail, every week.

Later every month, when one every quarter would have gotten me a better pen that I'd researched better.....and having time to Hunt, at perhaps a better price.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

To me it looks like the ink is watered down, like when there's still some water in the feed when you inked it. I am not accusing you! Just an idea.

I must admit that was my first thought too. :huh:

They were stages I went through as 'noobie' and many do....affordable-pretty, Instant Gratification.....and waiting for the mailman, who don't even ring once.

Then you slow down............by doing have more money to buy with.

One must try to limit one's self....I'm sure someone has all 51 makes and models of the P-51 in all colors.....they too towards the end, end up slowing down.....the rarer that color, cap and what ever is.

There are @ 45 different width nibs, in different flexes, from nail to Wet Noodle.

What nib do you want next?

What do you want that nib to do? And in what ink and on what paper.

That red&black stripped Parker Vac.....has a BB factory stub nail.....I'm not into nails, but I didn't have a Vac.....

Sometimes one buys a pen as a place holder, intending to sell when the one one wants comes available. :lticaptd:

For me, it's the selling that's hard. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Spoiler Alert- this will be no help at all. I just wanted to say I wish my Pelikans were wetter. I want thick, broad, wet strokes that take days to dry. That's all, you helpful people may now carry on.

I just wanted to thank you, i always have had your post in the back of my head. Now, that im a littlebit more experienced, i understand my mistakes and love the wet ink on paper too :notworthy1:

cheers

I just wanted to thank you, i always have had your post in the back of my head. Now, that im a littlebit more experienced, i understand my mistakes and love the wet ink on paper too :notworthy1:

cheers

I'm entirely unsure if this is sarcasm, but I just had my M600 adjusted for flow and now it's ludicrously wet. So much so that writing a paragraph crimps a piece of paper, and it's sheer joy.

Hehe no sarcasm at all. This comes from my heart. I was very inexperienced and this was my first thread. Your point of view really helped me to work out a different perspective. I tested alot of pens now, with differnt nibs and feeds and got a better understanding of inkflow. I also learned to love the shading aspects of ink. I found out that my Parker IM F-nib Pens are very dry, but thats ok for me when taking fast notes. When im doing other stuff, i cant have enough shading and thats when i take pens with thicker nibs and more ink flow.

Hehe no sarcasm at all. This comes from my heart. I was very inexperienced and this was my first thread. Your point of view really helped me to work out a different perspective. I tested alot of pens now, with differnt nibs and feeds and got a better understanding of inkflow. I also learned to love the shading aspects of ink. I found out that my Parker IM F-nib Pens are very dry, but thats ok for me when taking fast notes. When im doing other stuff, i cant have enough shading and thats when i take pens with thicker nibs and more ink flow.

Glad to hear it! There is also a place for medium wet pens in the work place, but for my own notes and writing as wet as possible works for me. I think I see the best of an inks characteristic if a pen is maximally wet.