Today I'm reviewing Diamine Peach Haze ink.
Diamine Peach Haze is a saturated orange dye based ink with a slight pinkness about it. It’s a well-named peach or apricot colour and is from Diamine Inks standard range.
Peach Haze is more orange than Diamine Coral, Noodler’s Dragon’s Napalm and P.I. Fuyu gaki, but more pink than Diamond Orange, Noodler’s Operation Overlord Orange and P.I. Yu yake inks.
I found it flowed well in the pens I used it with, although it felt slightly dryer than Coral. Lubrication was reasonable, but I would have liked more. No shading or sheen noticed.
- Flow Rate: Good. Felt slightly dry in the pen & paper combinations I used.
- Lubrication: Not bad - I would have preferred more.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Saturated ink
- Shading Potential: No shading seen.
- Sheen: None seen.
- Hobonichi Techo
- Rhodia Clic Bloc
- Silvine Notebook
- Field Notes
- Tomoe River 52gsm
- Generic 80gsm lined pads
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen, even on Field Notes.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 1 week in the pen
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen - easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Easy clean-up with bar soap.
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
- Availability: Available from Diamine Inks web-site and many other outlets.