The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Limited Edition Spirit Of 1838 Fountain Pen

pelikan limited edition spirit of 1838 m1000 fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,551 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 20:06

I still have a couple silver gray '90's cartridges.....the grey isn't bad either.

And if they come out with that silver gray from then...I'll buy. Been waiting for that.

They could call it 'lead' :P  in that is a nice silver gray when looking at lead ore.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Sponsored Content

#22 Kodiac136

Kodiac136

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 20:23

Yeah...looks like a free promo pen to me with that writing on the barrel. And such an unsophisticated font...

Yes, the longer I look at it the more I despise the writing on the barrel. Shame, I actually like the design, but this thing needs a normal Pelikan nib, no writing on the barrel, and NO DIAMONDS. For oh... 600 USD? I would consider it.

"Why me?"
"That is a very Earthling question to ask, Mr. Pilgrim. Why you? Why us for that matter? Why anything? Because this moment simply is. Have you ever seen bugs trapped in amber?"
"Yes."

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why." 

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

#23 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 20:45

No wonder they had to add the text on the body to explain it was for their 180 y. Otherwise no one would believe such an uninspired pen celebrates this important date.

I sincerely hope they do much better with their other releases this year (an easy task, of course). 

#24 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 21:25

uninspiring for me too, glad to spare the expense though... :),

...I just have to try not to think which other pelikans I could get with 3000 euro :rolleyes:  

#25 Kodiac136

Kodiac136

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 21:43

Maybe for one of these arbitrary anniversary celebrations they will release an M1000 brown tortoise instead of pieces like this...  :puddle:  :puddle:

"Why me?"
"That is a very Earthling question to ask, Mr. Pilgrim. Why you? Why us for that matter? Why anything? Because this moment simply is. Have you ever seen bugs trapped in amber?"
"Yes."

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why." 

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

#26 Mew

Mew

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 22:41

Wait three years until the next Depression, I bet you can get it NOS for half price. ;)

I'm reasonably sure that I wouldn't be looking at pens to buy in an economic depression.

As for the pen'.. ugh. Where is M1000 Brown Tortoise? :/

#27 Steshi220

Steshi220

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:34

Hmmmmmmmmm

Rather get a Namiki for $4000

#28 encremental

encremental

sprightly

• Member - Gold

• 1,331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 16:50

It looks as if it has been engraved with a Dremel down the mall, and the shopping channel diamond chips just add that special something. 

Thank goodness  there are only 180 of them.. 

John

#29 Nyanzilla

Nyanzilla

=^.^=

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 00:09

To me it seems more a pen for hard core collectors.

For that price I certainly would buy another more appealing Pelikan, like one of the Raden or Maki-e collection or the silver Toledo.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

#30 Larry Barrieau

Larry Barrieau

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,060 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:38

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does the barrel etching say, "Disney World"?.  Pelikan takes another step closer to MB.

To better see my icon     http://fpnlcb.shutterfly.com/pictures

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen.  (It's smaller than an sj)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, limited edition, spirit of 1838, m1000, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|