• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• IndigoBOB

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• max dog

Word on the Italian forum is that it costs 90€, that is to say 111USD at the time of writing.

... Welp. Guess my first TWSBI will still be a used Eco under 20€...

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Word on the Italian forum is that it costs 90€, that is to say 111USD at the time of writing.

... Welp. Guess my first TWSBI will still be a used Eco under 20€...

Interesting: it's listed at US$80 on the Goulet Pens website, or $85 with a 1.1mm stub...

Not a pen I'll rush out to buy - I'm waiting to see the 580-style prototype that had a #6 nib come into production.

This pen is clearly designed with a different kind of style and appeal from the traditional TWSBI look(s). There is an element of the Classic, but that is it. My guess is that they know what they are doing and that this is an attempt to broaden their client base to include another group of fp users who like the more modern, technical look. Others of us can go on buying other models that we might prefer; they have plenty of options out there.

Really?

Its largely the design borrowed from the Classic model, with a different geometric shape (hexagonal instead of circular) and a metal body they probably went with to help with their poor cracking reputation.

IMO its's the least innovative new model they've come out with. I'd honestly consider the Precision a metal adaptation of the Classic.

Really?

Its largely the design borrowed from the Classic model, with a different geometric shape (hexagonal instead of circular) and a metal body they probably went with to help with their poor cracking reputation.

IMO its's the least innovative new model they've come out with. I'd honestly consider the Precision a metal adaptation of the Classic.

I wouldn't call it "innovative" either. Nor would I call it the "least" innovative model they have come out with, looking back at their line of transparent piston pens.

I'd love to see them compete with a design like the Aurora 88, offering an "affordable" version.

I wish some pen company, TWSBI for this matter, came out with an "affordable" version with that nice gently tapered section and substantial lip, piston filler, demonstrator... That would be nice. And one that wouldn't crack.

Heck, I'd bay an extra $20 for them to use enough material to prevent that.

As others have said - it's almost certainly based on their Precision Mechanical Pencil, combined with the Classic.

It somewhat reminds me of Kaweco too. I think it’s mostly the metal and geometric aspects.

I’d actually like to see them take a crack at modernizing one of the vintage Sport designs.

I'd love to see them compete with a design like the Aurora 88, offering an "affordable" version.

I wish some pen company, TWSBI for this matter, came out with an "affordable" version with that nice gently tapered section and substantial lip, piston filler, demonstrator... That would be nice. And one that wouldn't crack.

Heck, I'd bay an extra $20 for them to use enough material to prevent that.

This. Emphasis on the not cracking part 😅 Also, I think their emblem (top of the finial) on the Eco looks waaay better than the ones on the other models 😑

When I last looked at the new TWSBI, I wasn't sure about the step down from the barrel.

Not that I have or ever have had any TWSBI's, but I wouldn't choose this one as my first.

I've had my Vac mini inked up for the past couple of weeks and am rediscovering how much I like that pen. Thus favorably inclined, I'm definitely leaning toward adding this one to my collection. How long has it been since a genuine new TWSBI model? Plus, I owe (or owe myself) a trip down to TY Lee's shop. With luck, I may run into Speedy again.

• 4 weeks later...

From Goulet:

Length - Overall (Closed)
136.9mm (5.4in)
Length - Overall (Posted)
169.7mm (6.7in)
Weight - Body
20g (0.7oz)
Weight - Cap
10g (0.4oz)
Weight - Overall
30g (1.1oz)
I wouldn't use something like this posted. Heavier than I like, but unposted the weight is acceptable. Not crazy about the design from the photos I have seen, but it is "different". The body is 12.8 mm and grip 9.4 mm. Over 3 mm is a pretty big step. If it is set right, it wouldn't be to bad, but I would want to try it before I bought it.
Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have one of the original 300 pre-release TWSBI Diamond, and it is still one of my favourite pens.

This, however -

As Sir Humphrey would have said "It's a brave idea..."

But then, some people like the original Volkswagon Beetle, Lamy Safaris and Chilli Tim-Tams

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

could we take bets where it's going to crack? At the inkwindow? (Another fine mess)

Oh KaB, stop that TWSBI bashing. All new pens look like a combination of existing pens, don't they?

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

I am tempted and will look forward to reviews.

It does have a big step-down section but so does the 700 and I thought I would really not like it and yet it has become a favourite pen.

The TWSBI Precision is on ebay starting from 99€ from an Italian retailer. A Taiwanese ebay seller sells them for 99USD.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

The TWSBI Precision is on ebay starting from 99€ from an Italian retailer. A Taiwanese ebay seller sells them for 99USD.

Seems strange to pay inflated prices when they are still in stock at TWSBI.com for list. ($80/85 w stub)

They are also back in stock in all nib sizes at Gouletpens. It does not seem that hard to get for someone to pay extra to buy from eBay. It's also my understanding this is a new model not a limited edition. They just will have limited production speed while they are getting them going.