Anybody Tried The Luxury Moonman M2?

It is an eye-dropper, I never saw before.

Example: LINK to Ebay (about 16 USD)

Edited by mke

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• Maurizio

• cattar

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FrankUnderwater has got a great post about it at FrankUnderwater, and he links to Chris Rapseik's review. The pen seems to be getting positive attention.

I only tried the pen briefly but it's quite lovely. The pen design is nice and sleek, and the nib lays an incredibly fine line without any scratchiness. If you like a broader/inky line though, this probably isn't for you.

Thank you, silverdragonia. These many positive comments made me buy two.

Nice reviews. Now I'm considering an M2.

Like that the nib is similar to procolor. Like that the pen doesn't spit in its cap when jostled in a bag. Wonder if it flies well.

also brief discussion of moonman m2 here

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/333184-moonman-m2-review/?hl=moonman

eta. looks like you'll enjoy the pens!

Edited by cattar

I missed that there was a posting on FPN in February. It was cheaper then. Doesn't matter, it is ordered now.

(But I usually don't look at Youtube reviews anyway. These Youtube reviewers like to show themselves instead of the pen.)

Going to compare it with this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Caliarts-Ego-2th-Transparent-Piston-Iraurita-Fountain-Pen-For-Stationery-Office-School-Supplies/32825347825.html

The M size is very good for writing.

But don't transport the Caliarts around. It always looses a little bit ink into the cap when being transported around. So, you easily get inky fingers. If used stationary, no problem at all. It is a real good pen!

Edited by mke

Going to compare it with this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Caliarts-Ego-2th-Transparent-Piston-Iraurita-Fountain-Pen-For-Stationery-Office-School-Supplies/32825347825.html

I also have a Moonman M2 on order. The above linked pen is not an eyedropper like the M2. It is a piston. Not a valid comparison.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Agree that video reviews are a bother. Like that FrankUnderwater also had a word and picture review so could skip the video.

Look forward to the comparison with the Caliarts. Have read mixed reviews here about that pen.

Of course you can compare the Caliarts and the Moonman M2. I will compare it under the aspects of having a lot of ink in a pen. Doesn't need to be the same system.

You can also compare "commuting by car and by bicycle".

"Moonman": nice name

Mixed reviews for Caliarts: I have heard that the Cagliarts Ego 1 is not as good as the Ego 2. Personally, I don't know because I only have the number 2.

This pen looks interesting especially if it writes well. I’m curious how much you folks paid for one; I don’t use eBay; there is one seller on Amazon selling it for $17.90 + $4.49 shipping so it’s more than a Pilot Metropolitan but may be worth it to me if it writes well.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

I really like it, a well-made pen. Section has an o-ring built in, all the parts fit nicely. No injection mold lines, looks turned. Mine has a B nib from a Kaweco Sport in it now. And for the record, I love the red band.

post-79707-0-91897600-1521659679_thumb.jpg

Edited by wastelanded
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I really like it, a well-made pen. Section has an o-ring built in, all the parts fit nicely. No injection mold lines, looks turned. Mine has a B nib from a Kaweco Sport in it now. And for the record, I love the red band.

attachicon.gif tmp_2018032020140792872.jpg

If it takes Kaweco nibs without leakages or other major issues, then I'm sold. Great news, thank you!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 3 weeks later...

For those who want to know it exactly: the pen holds 3 ml of ink.

What is the nib size of a Kaweco Sport? Which other nibs correspond to that one? Jowo? Bock?

I just bought one from a Chinese seller on Amazon. Looking forward to receiving it.

Thanks for the pen capacity.

Kaweco nibs are made by Bock.

How is the Moonman nib? What's the writing experience?
Does it need a change?

Edited by cattar

I like this pen very much, among the Chinese piston fillers/eyedroppers which I have, this pen is clearly the best.

It writes very well. I could imagine using this pen for normal writing too. At the moment, I am using it with non-blue colours.

It even has no problem during the daily transport between home and work. No bleeding through the nib.

Nice to know I might had to take a 2nd check on this model though I am no fan of demonstrators

My Moonman 2 came yesterday. It is quite nice. A bit smaller than I expected. The nib is reasonably smooth, though not as much as the reviews would lead you to believe ( or maybe I just got a slightly off one ). My first fill was with Sailor Jentle Black. It is definitely smoother than a Pilot Metropolitan fine which I gave away as too scratchy for me. It is also smoother than my Pilot Elite fine point gold-nibbed pocket pen, and Platinum Preppys I have in .02, .03, and .05. I am by no means disappointed, and like the pen and may get another before the sellers realize what a winner they have and raise the price again. Beware that being clipless, this pen will have a tendency to roll into the floor and it'd be a shame to crack such a cool pen. A good excuse for me to finally use my nice wooden chopstick rests which I bought in NYCs Chinatown for the alternate use as roll stops.

I plan to post some size comparisons with other pens and nib comparisons with my Pilot Elite, the Platinum Preppys and maybe some others when I have more time.

Edited by Maurizio

I just bought some more. I am going to retire other pens which I used for colors until now.

I finally pulled the trigger on this pen. My first eyedropper pen, the Moonman M2. Bought it for 14€, 2-3€ more expensive than many auctions on ebay, but I chose a slightly faster shipping method because I've just had disappointing experience with two of my recent Aliexpress hauls. What's the point in spending 1-2€ per pen if they don't work. If I like the Moonman, next on my list is the Wancai.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png