The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Heartsick - All Repairers Please Take Note

fail plunger filler

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:43

Length varies by model, and I would hazard to guess, by pen.  Pen to pen consistency wasn't always the greatest in those days.  Remarkably good given the machinery (real skill in the lathe operators) but not what we get with CNC machines.

If you want more information,  Custompenparts.com gives rod length so that you can figure out what rod to order for what pen.

I have to admit, at what they charge for the PEEK rods, especially if they are as good as Francis says they are,  it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to make it myself.  Francis certainly could make them, but he orders theirs instead of making them himself.

I believe Francis makes the MB helical screws for Roger from CPP, so their relationship would be somewhat symbiotic. Peek rods would be a major improvement on the previous carbon fibre rods, where the issue I encountered was the delrin threaded end fixing to the rod was weak. Since CPP came into being, they have been a major game changer in Onoto servicing, particularly the piston seals they supply. I probably service around 100 Onoto's a year and use use Viton "O" rings, rather than cork for the barrel end seal.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Sponsored Content

#22 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2018 - 13:17

I believe Francis makes the MB helical screws for Roger from CPP, so their relationship would be somewhat symbiotic. Peek rods would be a major improvement on the previous carbon fibre rods, where the issue I encountered was the delrin threaded end fixing to the rod was weak. Since CPP came into being, they have been a major game changer in Onoto servicing, particularly the piston seals they supply. I probably service around 100 Onoto's a year and use use Viton "O" rings, rather than cork for the barrel end seal.

Hi eckiethump,  

I use both the MB helical screws and the Onoto rods made by CPP.

I don't make them myself anymore, Roger's parts are superior to mine 

But I recommended  Roger to make both these items in Peek at the time.

Francis 

#23 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 15:10

Hi eckiethump,  
I use both the MB helical screws and the Onoto rods made by CPP.
I don't make them myself anymore, Roger's parts are superior to mine 
But I recommended  Roger to make both these items in Peek at the time.
Francis

Knowing the quality of your work Francis, that is high praise indeed for Roger.You introduced me to Peek as well,which has some wonderful uses.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fail, plunger filler

Sponsored Content

|