The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conklin Identification Help Please!

conklin identification help the crescent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cheeseandbacon

Cheeseandbacon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 17:06

Hello All,

I have recently come across this fabulous looking fountain pen. However i am not having much luck in researching its history / identifying / valuing this pen. This seems to be a early / rare Conklin. My trail so far: The pen is stamped The Crescent Pen, but after looking at Conklin Crescent Pens on Google and Ebay this didn't seem right. Spotted a similar finish on a All American reptilian however there is no plunger. So this has pushed me down the endura route, but now I'm back the the start scratching my head.

Can anyone help!!??

I am looking to sell this pen on in the near future, so your community wealth of knowledge would be most helpful and i would be most grateful.

Many Thanks 

:rolleyes:

Attached Images

• 048A8996.jpg
  • 048A8997.jpg
  • 048A9000.jpg
  • 048A8999.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2018 - 00:44

Its not an Endura. Likely Chicago period, but does the nib say 'made in England'? I can't make out the rest. It has an interesting finish, not one I've seen before. Its a lever filler.

#3 Cheeseandbacon

Cheeseandbacon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 19:52

Indeed it says made in England. Ritewell nib, so has probably been replaced at some point.

#4 james3paris

james3paris

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:18

I don't know the name of the pen, but here is the patent info.

http://www.conklinpe...s/US1267575.pdf

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:50

Conklin:  All American..lever filler c.1936-37 in Reptilian  {Snake Skin} Gold..Green vein..

Redacting.....Welcome Aboard....Cheeseandbacon....Enjoy your time here.................

Fred

Edited by Freddy, 25 March 2018 - 01:53.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conklin, identification, help, the crescent

Sponsored Content

|