New Stresemann

gmathio

Even if there was a M1005 stresemann, I'd still buy the M805, because I find it's size and weight ideal for me. The M1000 is too big for everyday use and I like using my pens everyday.

And the M800 size is too large and heavy for me -- so when the M405 Stresemann came out, I was ecstatic! That's a perfect size pen for me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gmathio

• inkstainedruth

• sargetalon

• Mew

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan M805 Stresemann. Bought it today with an "F" nib and the Edelstein ink, was a gift. Writes amazingly, feels excellent, it is surely my "holy grail" for now !

M805_Pelikan_Stresemann.jpg

Congratulations, enjoy it to the max.

I got my 805 in M Nib and very happy with it. one question please if you live at Athens...you got it from zafeiriou ? exist any other professional Fountain pen shops at Athens than the one I mentioned? I am completely satisfied and glad for that shop.

It's funny....people almost never ask me about my pens. But the 805 Stresemann gets asked about. It's stark, it's severe. It doesn't "pop" as much as my Tortoise M400 or the Red or Blue M600's. But people seem to be drawn to it. People actually ask to see it and hold it, which never happens with other pens. And I like it. The person that recommended it to me (after I missed out on a Tortoise M800 on Ebay and was bitter about it) said that it was a great color combo. Is it, I thought? I didn't know. "It grows on you," he said. "You'll love it." He was right.

I continue to say that I'm done with Pelikan unless they come out with an M600 Tortoise. But if there's a 605 Stresemann one day....I'll have to get that, I think. I like the 800 size, but it's not a shirt-pocket pen. The 600 is more portable.

Congratulations, enjoy it to the max.

I got my 805 in M Nib and very happy with it. one question please if you live at Athens...you got it from zafeiriou ? exist any other professional Fountain pen shops at Athens than the one I mentioned? I am completely satisfied and glad for that shop.

There is another professional pen shop in Athens but it doesn't have an e-shop, not even a web page. It is in the center of Athens, near Syntagma square and has a very big collection of pens, new and vintage, because the owner is a collector himself. He's Mr Evangellides, but the shopping hours are rather ...messy. Sometimes he opens, some other times the shop is closed even on normal working hours. But you can find some really treasures there !

I bought mine from Zafeiriou, as you said, an amazing shop, with a very big collection of modern pens, a great e-shop and an owner that loves his job and knows a lot about pens.

Edited by gmathio

And after a long drought of pen-buying for me, an M405 Stresemann appeared at my office this afternoon.

I found this online with an EF nib *, which on filling with Sailor Kiwaguro, turns out to be the best "fine" nib that I've ever had out-of-the-box ! I've never had an "untuned" fine nib write so smoothly and easily.

The pen itself is every bit as elegant as has been discussed since issue. I have mostly M200/400 sized Pelikan pens, so this will be a welcome addition to the set.

John P.

* I am very well aware of the various debates and discussions on what is actually a "fine" nib, but the nib on this pen is labelled EF, so I generically refer to it, but use quotation marks in the later reference.