The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Photos Of Wing Sung 626 And Yellow 601

wing sung

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 frankb3

frankb3

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:18

In China the gold-nibbed version of the 626 is around 47USD. 

That's actually more than the 14k-nibbed Hero 100 and a lot of other Chinese hooded-nibbed pens, depending on the seller.

But the 626 has a much bigger nib, so more gold.  I'd expect it to cost more.

Sponsored Content

#62 WJM

WJM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:22

Anyway, any news about Wing Sung 626? Is this new batch any good?

#63 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 13:15

Anyway, any news about Wing Sung 626? Is this new batch any good?

Reviews on Taobao are mixed. The general consensus is that the pen is beautiful, but problems with the cap and clip still pop up. 

The nib also seems to be a little soft, which is a bonus.

Taobao isn't a very reliable source though because sellers often harass or bribe anyone who leaves a negative review in order to make them change it (spoken from personal experience).

I'd wait a while before pulling the trigger on one of these. 

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#64 Argee

Argee

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 14:13

I've received my green 626.  Mine is a great writer right out of the box.  The cap it a little wobbly when posted, that's my only real complaint so far.

#65 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 14:35

I've received my green 626.  Mine is a great writer right out of the box.  The cap it a little wobbly when posted, that's my only real complaint so far.

Good news! How does the nib feel?

#66 Argee

Argee

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 19:48

it's got some softness to it.  Flexes just a bit when you apply some pressure.  Mine's a reasonably wet writer, especially with pressure.  nice and smooth, no tooth, writes from any angle. 

#67 WJM

WJM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 19:57

That, unfortunately, was to be expected. Posting doesn't seem to be something that Chinese manufacturers are very concerned about. I expect 626 being at best similiarly possible to post like e.g. Penbbs 308. Possible, but not very secure, not designed for it. 

#68 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:36

it's got some softness to it.  Flexes just a bit when you apply some pressure.  Mine's a reasonably wet writer, especially with pressure.  nice and smooth, no tooth, writes from any angle.

Sounds great! I was wondering about the softness because I noticed some line variation on Chinese reviews.

That, unfortunately, was to be expected. Posting doesn't seem to be something that Chinese manufacturers are very concerned about. I expect 626 being at best similiarly possible to post like e.g. Penbbs 308. Possible, but not very secure, not designed for it.

Now that you mention it, I guess you are right. I've never seen a Chinese pen video in which the cap was posted. That would make sense for weight reason as well because Chinese usually like to have a front heavy pen that bears down on the paper. The way they wrote with fps is very different from in the west.

#69 NighthawkSix

NighthawkSix

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:33

I just got my blue 626 and I have to say I'm very impressed. It looks gorgeous, including the two toned nib. I was a little nervous about the short, slick section, but it curves up at the end and almost locks my fingers in place. It feels really nice in my hand. The nib wrote well right out of the box with a nice, wet fine line. I think it's a great pen that I'll use often.

#70 manoloyloles

manoloyloles

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 19:02

Glad we have some news! I saw the pen about 2 weeks ago, but I am holding fire. I agree  that 25 euros is a little too much for a Chinese pen, biut maybe we are used to ridiculous prices when it comes to Chinese pens...

And I am thiking that, being from any other nationality, we would buy without hesitation. We paid +50 euros for our TWSI Diamond, and I have bought a W.S. 3008 for 1.77 euros shipped! A great pen.

For those about to rock... we salute you!

#71 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,603 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2018 - 19:12

Glad we have some news! I saw the pen about 2 weeks ago, but I am holding fire. I agree  that 25 euros is a little too much for a Chinese pen, biut maybe we are used to ridiculous prices when it comes to Chinese pens...

And I am thiking that, being from any other nationality, we would buy without hesitation. We paid +50 euros for our TWSI Diamond, and I have bought a W.S. 3008 for 1.77 euros shipped! A great pen.

I had the same thoughts.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

#72 WJM

WJM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:27

chrisrap52 did a review of 626

At the moment most of them are sold out. Yesterday I seriously considered pulling the trigger on the blue one, but I think I'm going to wait for the green one to be back. I contacted three eBay sellers and the all replied that in about two weeks we can expect another batch.

#73 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:55

https://youtu.be/Ihkk6EEtaow

At the moment most of them are sold out. Yesterday I seriously considered pulling the trigger on the blue one, but I think I'm going to wait for the green one to be back. I contacted three eBay sellers and the all replied that in about two weeks we can expect another batch.

I've been noticing the same thing on the manufacturer's Taobao store. Every couple weeks a few more get added and the blue and green always sell out first. Since I have the Penbbs 308 in identical green, I think I'll go for the blue one. These Chinese acrylic pens really are beautiful!

I keep holding out for the medium nib.

#74 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2018 - 13:09

Other than confirming my hopes about this pen, the big takeaway from Chris' excellent video review was...don't even think about flexing the 626's nib. That nib bends so easily. A great deal of inexpensive Chinese pens have bendy nibs like that.

#75 WJM

WJM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2018 - 13:24

Yes, that bit was painful to watch...

Edited by WJM, 16 May 2018 - 20:19.

#76 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:24

Parker gave Hero a permission for Parker 45. Hero's P45 is Hero 800(beta ver. Hero 80) . (According to article written by Hero and some topics on Chinese forum.)

I like Hero 829 among Hero pen with P45-style nib.

Besides, it is considered that Parker's Chinese factory sold machine to Hero' s Lishui branch.

And the Only One Chinese FP maker accused by Parker before PRC founded is Chiang Hwa for its 51-style Parkrin.

Chiang Hwa late became a part of Dah-loh, Dah-loh(focus on Sheaffer) transferred its FP and Brand(Lucky) to Xinhua(Wingsung)

Wolff(Hero) faced clip problem in Thailand, late 1950s. Then the FP for export has a non-arrow clip.

It seems that the Patent and Design are only protected for 5 years before 1980s.

Tefolium, is it at all possible with your connections to get a hold of one of the yellow 601s?? I want one so bad but they are going for ludicrous prices second hand on Taobao.

#77 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:50

#5 nib≈#26(about 26mm)nib in China. The gold nib ver. is #26 Lucky gold nib.

I am not sure whether #6 nib ≈ #28(about 32mm,≈oversize).

The iridium tipped nib is #28 nib.

Now that the 626 has been out for a while, has anyone else tried swapping the nib? If so, what nibs will fit?

After seeing the 626 nib get so easily bent in Chrisrap's video review, I'm thinking I may want to swap it out once I finally do get one. I did the math and the 14k-nibbed version costs just a couple dollars less than buying a steel-nibbed 626 and another Wing Sung pen with the same 14k Lucky nib.

#78 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 14:13

Now that the 626 has been out for a while, has anyone else tried swapping the nib? If so, what nibs will fit?

After seeing the 626 nib get so easily bent in Chrisrap's video review, I'm thinking I may want to swap it out once I finally do get one. I did the math and the 14k-nibbed version costs just a couple dollars less than buying a steel-nibbed 626 and another Wing Sung pen with the same 14k Lucky nib.

I ran across this today on Taobao.

It's a 0.7mm No. 28 nib. (金星28). According to one commentor the size is 32*6mm. This should work in the 626, right? Has anyone tried?

O1CN011NKOkuWuNjZvpW5_!!2652331551.jpg

#79 bass1193

bass1193

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2018 - 15:33

O1CN011NKOkuWuNjZvpW5_!!2652331551.jpg

I love the stamping on those nibs! Super good-looking!

#80 WJM

WJM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:22

626 seems to be the same size as Kaigelu 316 nib, the feed is also the same. Possibly it would fit?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wing sung

Sponsored Content

|