• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tweel

• two2tone

• Charles Skinner

• CraigR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charles, here's this week's "Blondie" in a larger format -- just click on it to see it full size:

fpn_1521418336__blondie_03-18-18.png

Edited by Tweel

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Ain't it the truth?

It ai indeed.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Despite my age, I got a kick out of that- and I wish my generation wasn't as known for being addicted to our smartphones. Maybe I am just an old soul after all. :wallbash: :gaah:

Regards,

Rosendust

Edited by Rosendust2121

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

Despite my age, I got a kick out of that- and I wish my generation wasn't as known for being addicted to our smartphones. Maybe I am just an old soul after all. :wallbash: :gaah:

Regards,

Rosendust

+1

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

One day a few months ago, a woman who worked at my gym (a very recent graduate from the local unversity) was saying her goodbyes to everyone she knew because she was moving out-of-province for a new job. I'd been hearing a lot about her destination around that time, how it was an up-and-coming city, so I said to her "after you've been there a few weeks, send me an email and let me know what you think", to which she replied "absolutely".

But as I turned my back to leave, I heard one of the kids who worked behind the counter say "email?!? What is this, the 90s!"...

Yesterday I had to go to a meeting for the organization I belong to. There was discussion of a recent demo (which I missed because of the really late notice -- and at that point I'd already had my hotel reservation for three weeks). And about a work party last week (I think -- the guy who organized it is, shall we say, not the sharpest knife in the drawer) where there was no info in the annoucement as to date and time. And I'll admit I sort of grumped about late notices and insufficient information. And said that back before everyone had cellphones and Google maps, part of the job of running an event or activity was to make sure that the date and time were prominent in the announcement -- and that directions were double checked by someone ELSE to make sure that they were accurate and people wouldn't get lost). Which didn't happen in that case (well the date and time were sort of addressed in a follow up post, but you had to know to click on the link to sign up for the potluck on some website. And a guy said to me "Well, you know, that ship has sailed." And I wanted to (but haven't) sent him back email that said "Did you go to 50 Year, where if you clicked on the GoogleMaps link you got the correct directions, but if you typed in the directions it took you the wrong address on the other side of town? And also, you failed to understand my point -- which was that the ORIGINAL POST should have been proofread for content for such pertinent information as location. Not to mention time and date...." (It didn't help that the blogpost message got forwarded to the mailing list, but the guy himself is NOT on the mailing list so it got held up for two days for moderator approval, because the moderator for the mailing list is apparently currently in Florida). And I was responding to THAT post, which appeared to be scheduling a SECOND work party.... All because [name withheld so anyone who might know him through non-pen circles woun't laugh and point and say "Boy were YOU a dumbass...."] didn't actually PROOFREAD his post.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Unfortunately, what happened to Ruth, happens all to often. And often the error is made by someone who SHOULD know better.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Yesterday I had to go to a meeting for the organization I belong to. There was discussion of a recent demo (which I missed because of the really late notice -- and at that point I'd already had my hotel reservation for three weeks). And about a work party last week (I think -- the guy who organized it is, shall we say, not the sharpest knife in the drawer) where there was no info in the annoucement as to date and time. And I'll admit I sort of grumped about late notices and insufficient information. And said that back before everyone had cellphones and Google maps, part of the job of running an event or activity was to make sure that the date and time were prominent in the announcement -- and that directions were double checked by someone ELSE to make sure that they were accurate and people wouldn't get lost). Which didn't happen in that case (well the date and time were sort of addressed in a follow up post, but you had to know to click on the link to sign up for the potluck on some website. And a guy said to me "Well, you know, that ship has sailed." And I wanted to (but haven't) sent him back email that said "Did you go to 50 Year, where if you clicked on the GoogleMaps link you got the correct directions, but if you typed in the directions it took you the wrong address on the other side of town? And also, you failed to understand my point -- which was that the ORIGINAL POST should have been proofread for content for such pertinent information as location. Not to mention time and date...." (It didn't help that the blogpost message got forwarded to the mailing list, but the guy himself is NOT on the mailing list so it got held up for two days for moderator approval, because the moderator for the mailing list is apparently currently in Florida). And I was responding to THAT post, which appeared to be scheduling a SECOND work party.... All because [name withheld so anyone who might know him through non-pen circles woun't laugh and point and say "Boy were YOU a dumbass...."] didn't actually PROOFREAD his post.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Reads like something written by Franz Kafka. There are so many other complications I don't see how it relates to the OP.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Even people my age expect me to text or Email them, and feel that something is a bit off if I send a letter. I did just send a letter to a friend who lives about an hour away, but that was because I needed to enclose something that couldn't be turned into an attachment, and won't have time to drive over there until next week. I've known her for some 27 or 28 years, and must have sent a letter at some point in the past, but can't remember when that would have been. Well, birthday and Christmas cards, I suppose.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

But as I turned my back to leave, I heard one of the kids who worked behind the counter say "email?!? What is this, the 90s!"...

:D :lticaptd: :unsure: :rolleyes:

I go to the wall, pick the horn up out of the cradle, crank, then tell Mable to get me Alice. Technology has gone down hill since then. ;) They now want me to remember numbers...! :yikes:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.