Aliexpress Anniversary Sales

For those who don't have yet a Aliexpress account and plan to buy Chinese pens.

Aliexpress anniversary sales will be on March 28-30

But you can collect coupons from tomorrow (March 19) and put things in your basket for buying at the sales event.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• sdbruder

• inkstainedruth

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never bought pens on AliExpress , so please inform :

1) Is it safe to pay by credit card on AliExpress ( i.e. Mastercard ) ?

2) Is it true that you must have an account in a China bank to apply for Alipay ? ( apparently, AliExpress does not accept PayPal !! ) .

Thanks,

2) Is it true that you must have an account in a China bank to apply for Alipay ? ( apparently, AliExpress does not accept PayPal !! ) .

Thanks,

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean with your first question. Unless you use a VPN, I think it's never safe to input your credit card information or your PayPal password in the Internet. In any website.

To your second question: No it's not true, I have bought stuff through Alipay for months and I don't have any money in a China bank, just my credit card. About Paypal, it depends on the shop. Some shops offer that options, but they're very few.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Thanks,

I already bought several pens on aliexpress. They are as reliable as any big Ecommerce site, ie: there is inherent risks on it, but they do their best to be as secure as possible.

I live in Brazil and buy from them using my Brazilian credit card, so no, there is no need for a chinese account.

I have bought several chinese pens on Aliexpress

I find it reliable, pens have always arrived depite needing some time.

I use one of those credit cards you can refill, so there is never too much on it and risk is limited, so far no problems.

Have also made purchases from AliExpress. I've gotten pens, ink and assorted other items. They can have a wider spread of products than you see from Ebay but you also have to take into account that through AliExpress you would be dealing with vendors and shops and not necessarily individual sellers. The shipping times are rather arbitrary so patience is required. They also use a process similar to Ebay where you are protected as a buyer in cases of fraud, nondelivery or lost and late items. I have had funds refunded on items that never got out of China or things that were damaged. They have their own processes and I have been quite pleased with their services. Your funds are taken as escrow for the item you purchase. Payment is released to the seller upon receipt of the item so they are more than eager for the transaction to be successful. My success doesn't guarantee yours so make a modest purchase, wait for however long it takes and see if this is what you want to do. It will be fun shopping anyway.

I have not ordered anything from them. But I read some of the feedback on eBay and the negative stuff was REALLY negative.

Caveat emptor.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have not ordered anything from them. But I read some of the feedback on eBay and the negative stuff was REALLY negative.

Caveat emptor.

Aliexpress itself is a Chinese competitor to eBay, so what you said does not make much sense: How you got feedback about aliexpress on eBay?

Probably its someone naming himself as ‘aliexpress’, it is not aliexpress itself.

Personally, I had never had any problems with Aliexpress.

Aliexpress is more a Amazon Marketplace than Ebay. And Aliexpress looks after their sellers making no troubles. More than Amazon even.

Thanks all for your comments . I am more concerned about my credit card might be used by some dishonest on AliExpres for their own benefits . A few months ago, a Chinese friend of mine suddenly found out his credit card had been used to buy several items in China completetely unknown to him ! This happened just 2 weeks after he bought some items on AliExpress. He wrote a few emails complaining of these irregularities and AliExpress reimbursed him . After this incident , my friend signed up with AliPay through a relative in HongKong . In any case, he was not buying pens but table tennis rackets and rubbers etc...

Edited by jobodine

You never pay directly to the sellers on Aliexpress. You always pay to Alipay and they pay the sellers.

What your friend says, looks somewhat unbelievable to me. If not Aliexpress has been breached. But this would have been news.

Additionally, Aliexpress immediately sends you a message if something has been bought by you. So, you have good control what is going on.

The process is identical to the process of buying at Amazon.

I have personally had my Aliexpress account breached and someone attempted to charge close to $2000 worth of phone credits (basically electronic gift cards) to my account. This was in December. The only reason it didn't work is that I make a habit of not keeping my credit card details on most of my online shopping site accounts.

I'm not saying don't use Aliexpress if it appeals to you, but some basic security precautions will save a lot of heartache down the line.

Aliexpress itself is a Chinese competitor to eBay, so what you said does not make much sense: How you got feedback about aliexpress on eBay?

Probably its someone naming himself as ‘aliexpress’, it is not aliexpress itself.

Because there is an eBay seller by that name. And while for the most part the feedback is good, the negative stuff is REALLY negative. And given that the complaints were about all sorts of products, not JUST pens, it seemed clear to me that they were just some big seller of random stuff that was tapping into eBay as another potential market.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

aliexpress is run by Alibaba, the Amazon of China. I've bought quite a few things with them and I find them to be very reputable. They have reimbursed me any time I had trouble with a product or vendor. No problems at all with the credit card on file with them.

I also have been using aliexpress for several years without any problem. Shipping time can vary from 10 days to a month. Tracking is provided.

Edited by kd3

Add lightness and simplicate.

as mentioned, I use a specific rechargeable credit card on Aliexpress, which never has more that a few hundred dollars credit on it.

So far so good, no problems at all and all bought items arrived safely and in perfect condition within reasonable time (considering they come from China). In case of any problem credit is limited on my card, so damage also, but honestly I have had more problems on Amazon (defective items usually) that on Aliexpress...

If I recall PEBBS is on, but prices are high. Aliexpress prices are in general higher that you can find in other chinese sites, but reliability I would judge as good by current experience.

as mentioned, I use a specific rechargeable credit card on Aliexpress, which never has more that a few hundred dollars credit on it.

So far so good, no problems at all and all bought items arrived safely and in perfect condition within reasonable time (considering they come from China). In case of any problem credit is limited on my card, so damage also,

Same here.

Also, I like that on Aliexpress several shipping methods are listed.

On ebay I've bought items with 'economy shipping' and some times I had tracking information, other times I did not.

On Aliexpress I just look at the list of options and choose whatever I know has worked fine for me in the past.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png