The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Gold Plated Fine Nib On Ebay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pitonyak

pitonyak

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:16

Tooling around on e-bay, I found a seller (rgbpd1) with a "Gold Plated fine point nib -- fits screw in Esterbrook pen" 

This NIB reads: "VERI SMOOTH MADE IN U.S.A. FINE"

The price is $18 with $4.05 shipping out of Tennessee. 

Very odd. The fun part is that there is an I not a Y in VERI. 

Anyone use one of these? I ordered one of these so that I can try it. May take me a while to get around to actually trying it, but, I was curious if anyone knew about these nibs. I am a bit suspicious, but the seller has a bunch of positive feedback. 

Sponsored Content

#2 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 16:47

There were a number of nibs that worked with the Esterbrook pens - Venus, Osmiroid, Lindon.

If the nib you have fits in the collar, then you're good.  I haven't really found any nibs that work better in an Esterbrook aside from their own nibs, but it's fun to have some alternatives.

#3 pitonyak

pitonyak

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 19:37

OK, so it is not as great a surprise as I had thought..... I have no shortage of Esterbrook nibs!

#4 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 19:42

Bader.  Pen shop of Memphis.  Good guy.  Haven't seen him in quite some time but still a good guy.  Founding member of the IFZ if I recall correctly.

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#5 pitonyak

pitonyak

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 20:10

Nice.... 

Sponsored Content

|