The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ranga Emperor - A Beautiful Writing Instrument

ranga ranga emperor ebonite pen m.s.pandurangan m.p.kandan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Roman-pl

Roman-pl

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2018 - 15:24

After purchasing Ranga model 4c in a premium ebonite finish, I knew I would buy another pen from this manufacturer. Handmade in a classic deep black color - polished. Small scratches can be seen on the body, but this doesn't affect the aesthetics of the pen in any way.

Why black? “Having small touches of colour makes it more colourful than having the whole thing in colour”.

Ebonite is a light material. Ranga Emperor is a very comfortable pen, although the pen has above standard dimensions. Body length - 140 mm / with cap 185 mm (wow!).

The pen has been designed with care to maintain the right proportions - also the nib size 6 seems ideal for such a large pen. The attached Schmidt converter offers a large capacity, which is a great advantage of this pen if you want to use 1.1mm or 1.5mm nibs.

I chose the 1.5mm nib of Bock brand. A good choice - however, you need to get practice with writing this nib. Sometimes a nib may have a bad start. Do not worry about the nib sometimes interrupting while writing. Bock 1.5 tends to dry out. Do not write with the nib 1.5, when only the "vapors" of the ink remain in the converter - ideally, there should always be a few milliliters of ink. The most suitable ink choice for this wide nib is wet standard ink - problems have arisen, among others for KWZ Ink inks, but it did great with LAmy Petrol.

So the comments.

Ranga Emperor is a pen that arouses curiosity if it's used in the company of other people. Often, the use of an fountain pen is identified with the signing on the document - in the case of this Ranga, it was astonishing that it could be every-day-pen or a pen for sketching and drawing.

"Gentlemen do not talk about money". In this case it is necessary - at an acceptable price, we get a writing instrument that can be put next to the best fountain pens made of ebonite. It is worth considering the option to buy a gold nib, e.g. Bock #6, to increase the value of Ranga Emperor.

Attached Images

• 00_ranga_emperor_00_IMG_3637-compressor.png
  • 00_ranga_emperor_02_IMG_3662-compressor.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2018 - 19:41

The Emperor is an elegant pen in black, Roman, and thank you for shooting these photographs. My own version is olive green, and a review is here.

http://www.fountainp...-green-ebonite/

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#3 Roman-pl

Roman-pl

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2018 - 21:40

The Emperor is an elegant pen in black, Roman, and thank you for shooting these photographs. My own version is olive green, and a review is here.

http://www.fountainp...-green-ebonite/

Bobje, of course I saw Your review. Now I have the opportunity to congratulate on the accuracy of the comments that were included in it. Interesting macro photos. The association of Ranga Emperor with the 'System 2' definition is very accurate - and bright. Regards

#4 mpkandan

mpkandan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:31

After purchasing Ranga model 4c in a premium ebonite finish, I knew I would buy another pen from this manufacturer. Handmade in a classic deep black color - polished. Small scratches can be seen on the body, but this doesn't affect the aesthetics of the pen in any way.

Why black? “Having small touches of colour makes it more colourful than having the whole thing in colour”.

Ebonite is a light material. Ranga Emperor is a very comfortable pen, although the pen has above standard dimensions. Body length - 140 mm / with cap 185 mm (wow!).

The pen has been designed with care to maintain the right proportions - also the nib size 6 seems ideal for such a large pen. The attached Schmidt converter offers a large capacity, which is a great advantage of this pen if you want to use 1.1mm or 1.5mm nibs.

I chose the 1.5mm nib of Bock brand. A good choice - however, you need to get practice with writing this nib. Sometimes a nib may have a bad start. Do not worry about the nib sometimes interrupting while writing. Bock 1.5 tends to dry out. Do not write with the nib 1.5, when only the "vapors" of the ink remain in the converter - ideally, there should always be a few milliliters of ink. The most suitable ink choice for this wide nib is wet standard ink - problems have arisen, among others for KWZ Ink inks, but it did great with LAmy Petrol.

So the comments.

Ranga Emperor is a pen that arouses curiosity if it's used in the company of other people. Often, the use of an fountain pen is identified with the signing on the document - in the case of this Ranga, it was astonishing that it could be every-day-pen or a pen for sketching and drawing.

"Gentlemen do not talk about money". In this case it is necessary - at an acceptable price, we get a writing instrument that can be put next to the best fountain pens made of ebonite. It is worth considering the option to buy a gold nib, e.g. Bock #6, to increase the value of Ranga Emperor.

Thanks a lot Sir for nice review and nice pictures. Yes .Ranga Pens with Bock 1K Gold nib is good option:)

The large version of Emperor is coming soon:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

#5 Aditkamath26

Aditkamath26

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:52

That looks so elegant. I just have a small question. Is there any end cap on the barrel? The photos makes it look like there is a seam near the end of the barrel. Or is it just a speck of dust?

#6 mhguda

mhguda

It's mostly the paper that gets me now...

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:10

There is an end cap - it's made of a different color ebonite (black) if your pen is not black. It is immovable though. Almost seamless - if not for the color difference, I would not have been able to tell, in mine.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#7 Roman-pl

Roman-pl

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:21

That looks so elegant. I just have a small question. Is there any end cap on the barrel? The photos makes it look like there is a seam near the end of the barrel. Or is it just a speck of dust?

The barrel is made of two elements. At first glance, it looks like a piston. But Ranga Emperor has two black elements - a section and this ending. Source: https://mehandiratta...eror-new-model/

Edited by Roman-pl, 19 March 2018 - 11:22.

#8 Aditkamath26

Aditkamath26

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:49

The barrel is made of two elements. At first glance, it looks like a piston. But Ranga Emperor has two black elements - a section and this ending. Source: https://mehandiratta...eror-new-model/

Thanks. I wondered the same but since it was solid black, I thought two elements would not be required.

Edited by Aditkamath26, 23 March 2018 - 05:49.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga, ranga emperor, ebonite pen, m.s.pandurangan, m.p.kandan

Sponsored Content

|