Ranga 3C - From: Mega Group Buy 2 Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs

Roman-pl

Ranga 3c - my third fountain pen from M.S. Pandurangan. Ebonite body, red-black color, highly polished. A spacious Schmidt ink converter. Nib Bock # 6 stub 1.1.

Outstanding aesthetics. Very original coloring - the basic red color turns into a beetroot seed, black is saturated and fits perfectly with the basic color. In the first days when I have this pen, I constantly look at it. It looks perfect.

The pen size is solid - Ranga 3c is a large fountain pen. It isn't easy to fit a case of the right size.

The method of performance arouses recognition - the pen is light despite its size, proportional and balanced. Writing with this pen is comfortable, it fits good in hand - and it's a lot of fun with handwriting.

I have no objections to the quality of this instrument. Material imperfections add the character to the pen. At first glance, this ribbon ebonite is in no way inferior to premium ebonite. Regular ebonite has a more noticeable fragrance, which doesn't remain on the hands even after long writing. By the way - this Ranga originally smells of fire! Cool. Due to this fragrance, the pen was inked with KWZ Ink Flame Red.

The nib is perfect. While writing, there is no drying effect. Bock# 6 1.1mm strives without interruption, leaves no space in the line, gives ink well.

The knowledge that this pen is handmade, manufactured not by machine on an automatic production line, is very valuable to me. Admiration for the crafts of India.

post-135964-0-41894000-1521242802_thumb.png

Edited by Roman-pl

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman-pl

• sansenri

• prashant.tikekar

• LanceSaintPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ranga 3c - my third fountain pen from M.S. Pandurangan. Ebonite body, red-black color, highly polished. A spacious Schmidt ink converter. Nib Bock # 6 stub 1.1.
Outstanding aesthetics. Very original coloring - the basic red color turns into a beetroot seed, black is saturated and fits perfectly with the basic color. In the first days when I have this pen, I constantly look at it. It looks perfect.
The pen size is solid - Ranga 3c is a large fountain pen. It isn't easy to fit a case of the right size.
The method of performance arouses recognition - the pen is light despite its size, proportional and balanced. Writing with this pen is comfortable, it fits good in hand - and it's a lot of fun with handwriting.
I have no objections to the quality of this instrument. Material imperfections add the character to the pen. At first glance, this ribbon ebonite is in no way inferior to premium ebonite. Regular ebonite has a more noticeable fragrance, which doesn't remain on the hands even after long writing. By the way - this Ranga originally smells of fire! Cool. Due to this fragrance, the pen was inked with KWZ Ink Flame Red.
The nib is perfect. While writing, there is no drying effect. Bock# 6 1.1mm strives without interruption, leaves no space in the line, gives ink well.
The knowledge that this pen is handmade, manufactured not by machine on an automatic production line, is very valuable to me. Admiration for the crafts of India.

Thanks a lot sir for your nice review and pictures. I personally like this colour .

I'm very glad that you like the pen. Thanks again for the admiration. It is boost for craftsmen like us.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

thank you for the nice review, Roman,

the Ranga 3C is one of my favourites, I agree with your comments, the pen is light, but has a good proportionate size and is very well balanced.

I often point out that the great advantage of this model (and the model 3), is that there is no step down from section to barrel, this together with a very average mid-large size shape concurs to make it extremely comfortable, as you noted.

Nice colour! I have this colour in bakul on a model 4, but your example shows that this colour is also very nice in polished.

For the 3C in bakul my favourite is the olive ripple.

The Bock nibs coupled with the Schmidt converters are very reliable, but I am getting more interested in trying out eye dropper system coupled with ebonite feeds, I like the greater flow that the ebonite feeds can usually ensure.

I am not well acquainted with Indian nibs, so I have asked Mr Kandan to work on a ED using a Bock nib (without the feed and holder) and an ebonite feed. The pen will be a 3C, again! in premium ebonite (one of the new swirls) with a modified hourglass section.

There is time to wait, but I look forward to trying it and posting some photos when it arrives.

Just curious, where do you buy the KWZ ink in Poland? online?, or does Konrad have a physical shop?

thanks

Thanks a lot sir for your nice review and pictures. I personally like this colour .

I'm very glad that you like the pen. Thanks again for the admiration. It is boost for craftsmen like us.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

It is a real pleasure to have such a beautiful writing instrument. Greets from Roman Uzdowski

thank you for the nice review, Roman,

the Ranga 3C is one of my favourites, I agree with your comments, the pen is light, but has a good proportionate size and is very well balanced.

I often point out that the great advantage of this model (and the model 3), is that there is no step down from section to barrel, this together with a very average mid-large size shape concurs to make it extremely comfortable, as you noted.

Nice colour! I have this colour in bakul on a model 4, but your example shows that this colour is also very nice in polished.

For the 3C in bakul my favourite is the olive ripple.

The Bock nibs coupled with the Schmidt converters are very reliable, but I am getting more interested in trying out eye dropper system coupled with ebonite feeds, I like the greater flow that the ebonite feeds can usually ensure.

I am not well acquainted with Indian nibs, so I have asked Mr Kandan to work on a ED using a Bock nib (without the feed and holder) and an ebonite feed. The pen will be a 3C, again! in premium ebonite (one of the new swirls) with a modified hourglass section.

There is time to wait, but I look forward to trying it and posting some photos when it arrives.

Just curious, where do you buy the KWZ ink in Poland? online?, or does Konrad have a physical shop?

thanks

Thank You for sharing your experience with Ranga pens.
In the case - KWZ Ink. I've been buying for some time through http://f-pen-pl-36.shoplo.com/vendor/kwz. I make large purchases of ink during Pen Show Day Poland (event in Katowice - 7-8 April 2018).
Greetings

Roman:

My experience with & evaluation of my new 3C in Teal/Black swirl, clipless would seem to mirror yours. Congratulations, we each have a new, beautiful pen. And I'd already like another one in a more prominent color scheme. This one was my first. It won't be my last. And on the Value Scale - it's off the charts....

Roman:

My experience with & evaluation of my new 3C in Teal/Black swirl, clipless would seem to mirror yours. Congratulations, we each have a new, beautiful pen. And I'd already like another one in a more prominent color scheme. This one was my first. It won't be my last. And on the Value Scale - it's off the charts....

We're lucky that we managed to hit the Ranga pen, don't we? I own model: 3C, Emperor, 4C. The body is suitable for engraving - if you want to personalize your own pen, ebonite is the perfect material. Regards