Two Mixtures - Black And Blue

arka

I am searching for two suitable colours - a conservative black and a vibrant blue - for using in my fountain pens. I am rather traditional in my choice of colours.

The black ink should be somewhat water resistant and should not fade so much so as to become illegible in two or three decades. The blue ink should be vibrant enough to catch attention on white paper.

I have the following ink which I thought could be mixed on experimental basis.

1. Daytone Calligraphy Black (1800 ml) - advertised as 'India ink for fountain pen', a pigmented ink. Dark grey in colour.

2. Camlin Permanent Black (600 ml) - a well known ink brand in India.

3. Daytone Turquoise (1800 ml) - a dye based ink. Too light a colour for my taste.

4. Camlin Royal Blue (600 ml) - Washable dye based ink.

I have mixed these ink as follows-

3 parts of Daytone Calligraphy Black + 1 part Camlin Black = 4 parts of Custom Black.

3 parts of Daytone Turquoise + 1 part of Camlin Blue = 4 parts of Custom Blue.

I have used the Custom Black in my ASA Galactic (Jowo medium nib) and the Custom Blue in my ASA Maya (fine nib). The paper used is 75gsm copy paper.

I shall post the photos tomorrow along with the water resistance test results.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UDog

• arka

• lovemypen

• crossstick

This sounds interesting. I look forward to your photos.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

fpn_1521257968__normal_writing.jpg

This is a sample of normal writing.

fpn_1521258094__wet_test.jpg

After 5 minutes exposure to running tap water. The paper is soaked thoroughly. 24 Hours after writing.

fpn_1521258262__dry_after_wet.jpg

8 Hours after water test. The paper is dry but crumpled.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting experiment. I like the color of turquoise blue+ Camlin royal blue mixture. I will try the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I like your work. Any more recipes?

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

• 1 month later...

Your green was the color I got from a bottle of Noodler's Bad Blue Heron although website color samples show it as a dark blue. Two bottles of it write as teal in my pens. It's much more permanent than the above after a water soak.