Visconti Corsani Fountain Pen

mk2579

The Visconti Corsani was a collaboration between Visconti and Stylograph Corsani in 2014, to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Rome- based store. A limited run of 90 pens were made, including 79 fountain pens.

Here is mine…

l1330027.jpg

As you can probably tell, the pen is based on Visconti’s Homo Sapiens model, but in place of the volcanic lava of Mt Etna, we have instead a beautiful grey and silver flecked stacked celluloid.

I believe this material is similar to that used in the Visconti Wallstreet and Metropolitan. I must say the design of the Wallstreet never really appealed to me, as the pen seemed too narrow and angular and a bit art deco. However, I love the look of the stacked celluloid material on the Homo Sapiens model. The curves of the pen, broken only by the two silver cap bands just looks so stylish, and very modern. Here is the pen in all its sparkly celluloid glory…

l1330025.jpg

The pen utilises the power-filler system, as with the regular Homo Sapiens, and the edition is engraved on the bottom of the power filler knob, as with the Visconti Watermark. Here you can see mine is #30/90…

l1330033-e1521036115509.jpg

Just like the Homo Sapiens model, there is no ink window and the barrel has “Corsani 1924-2014” engraved into it. When I purchased this pen, I was asked if I would like my initials inlaid into the cap via the My Pen system (magnetic finial). I said that would be great, and although it did look smart, I decided to eventually swap it out for a black onyx stone. The beauty of the My Pen system of course is that I can change up the finial whenever I want. So I may well go back to my initials at a later date. Here is a close up of the stone…

l1330031-e1521036356162.jpg

Looks sharp, no?

Here it is posted- pretty unwieldy. A pen of this size does NOT need posting. If you're wondering about this whale plate, it’s from Classiky x Kata Kata…

l1330030-e1521036644948.jpg

I chose an EF nib for my Corsani. My only other Visconti has a humungous Masuyama Stub on it, so I thought I’d go extreme in the other direction. The relatively light weight celluloid material meant an EF nib wasn’t going to feel unbalanced in any way. Here is a close up of the two-tone nib…

l1330032-e1521036534916.jpg

Excuse the pic, I use a prime lens and so am reduced to cropping...

Here is a quick writing sample on Hobonichi paper. I have the pen filled with Montblanc UNICEF Blue. I love using turquoise inks in my Visconti’s…

img_3736.jpg

As with most Visconti Palladium nibs, this one has a bit of bounce to it.

Verdict:

I love the stylish looks of this pen. The sparkly grey and silver stacked celluloid looks so sharp in the Homo Sapiens design. *The chunky Corsani Octagonal is equally tempting and escapes the art deco look of the Wallstreet by staying nice and chunky.

Filling- system, size, weight and balance of the pen are all good. The Corsani arrived at my door in perfect condition, and the EF nib has a nice wetness to it, perfect for journalling in my Hobonichi Cousin. I also like the fact that it is a limited edition, and also a pen that you don’t see much on the pen forums or on-line. I’m glad I got this one; a Visconti with a little something extra. Highly recommended :thumbup:

Edited by kunju123

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mk2579

• Mulrich

• Ghost Plane

• farazqamar

beautiful pen. very sad to have found out earlier this month that the corsani store got robbed and a large number of pen were stolen including this model.

Beautiful!

Thanks! Although not my creation so cant take credit for it ;-)

I think Corsani tempered some of the Visconti eccentricity with this model to make a very cool looking pen.

beautiful pen. very sad to have found out earlier this month that the corsani store got robbed and a large number of pen were stolen including this model.

Oh I know- very sad news. One could joke I suppose that the thieves have extremely good taste, but not really funny at all :(

Ill keep my fingers crossed they can track down the pens on the secondary market, I think everyone will be keeping their eyes peeled on eBay etc...

Im annoyed also for selfish reasons as I was eyeing the Octagonal- another sharp looking pen right there.

It just seems so much worse when someone steals fountain pens rather than just some iphone or laptop...the thief's will get their karma coming to them, of that there is no doubt.

This would be a perfect pen for my small Homo Sapiens collection!, congrats for owning one, truly stunning!

Luis A.

Handsome pen and very nice review. Thanks for sharing.

David

One of my favorite pens. A real shame that the theft will keep people from experiencing it.

Are all the Corsani exclusives gone- this and the Octagonal?

This would be a perfect pen for my small Homo Sapiens collection!, congrats for owning one, truly stunning!

Luis A.

I love looking at peoples Visconti HS collections on instagram- if you have a pic Id love to see it.

Handsome pen and very nice review. Thanks for sharing.

David

Thanks very much- would loved to have added the Octagonal also, but alas it wasnt to be...

A pen of modern antiquity. I love it. Reminds of my Parker Vacumatic Oversized. If you have one, can you stack them side by side?

I dont have a Parker Vacumatic Oversized. In fact I only have 3 Vintage pens right now; a tiny Wahl Eversharp ringtop, a Swan Mabie Todd with juicy oblique stub and a vintage Kaweco Sport piston-filler. I havent looked at vintage pens for a while. But now you mention it I feel compelled to investigate further...

Basicallly everything is gone. The getaway vehicle must have been huge.

https://viscontidave.com/help-stefano

Oh my god that is AWFUL- just scrolled down the whole list- looks like biggest hit was to Corsani Octagonal, but then they probably just had a disproportionate number in store as its new, and their exclusive.

Very sad, I just dont understand how someone can do such a thing...

I like the gemstone on your pen, does it come with the pen? Hematite or onyx?

Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog 2016 Limited Edition 888 - M -> EF -> B

Armando Simoni Club Bologna Extra Arco Brown - MagicFlex

Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 - F, BB, OBB

Oh u are right its Hematite not Onyx!

No I purchased it a few months later- u can buy from most fountain pen vendors and on-line stationary stores.