Where I Can Get The Tools To Remove The Nib. The Feed And The Cylinder

Alphamale

Dear all

many thanks for the welcome I received in the introduction section.

As you can see in the photo the notches are located at 3, and 9 o'clock. the montblanc tools I found in the net the notches are located at 6, and 12 O'clock.

The repair here cost about half the price of this pen which prevent me from using this pen for quite a long time. I consider it a sort of punishment.

I am not sure about the official name which I should use when searching. Engraved on the pen MEISTERTUCK but when I search with this name I get different looking pens. I realize that it does not look easy to repair this pen, but I would rather ruin it than pay over $500 to repair it. there are very beautiful looking montegrappa pens for that amount of money.

there seem not enough time remaining in my life to enjoy this pen :D so you better help me .

Anyway. where can I find the tool for this animal?

Many thanks in advance

Alpha

post-142207-0-82274900-1521025262_thumb.jpg

post-142207-0-84968300-1521025280_thumb.jpg

post-142207-0-80777800-1521025295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alphamale

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alphamale

• Chrissy

• Ron Z

• Pen Nut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully this will be moved to the right forum by a Moderator. Montblanc probably.

That pen has more damage than you think and it's not something that is easily repairable. It's missing it's feeder case collar for a start, and that is quite necessary for the end of the grip section next to the nib. It's built in as a feeder case replacement part. Your only option for a reasonably priced repair would be to send it to Montblanc for a service level 1 repair. You won't find one anywhere else.

If you have a Montblanc boutique you can send it to them, or if you have a Montblanc Headquarters you could send it there.

Apology for posting in the wrong section.

So this is the first time I realize that I have bean cheated.

I bought it brand new from official Montblanc dealer. But never have the time to go back to the dealer until after few years since I was living abroad. It was leaking from the first use.

Another possibility that when I left it with a repair shop to estimate the cost, he may removed the missing part.

Thanks Chrissy

To be fair, this feeder case collar seems to break off much more frequently in these silver capped pens. Mine did. I just took it out of it's storage case one day, unscrewed the cap, and no feeder case collar. It fell out of the cap in pieces.

Maybe the feeder collar is a very tight fit inside the cap or something. There was another one mentioned recently in the Montblanc forum. I am always particularly careful to remove these caps in a very straight line now.

On the other hand if you left it with a repair shop, they might have broken it while trying to work out how to repair it.

Have you asked MB boutiques for a repair quote. It might be less than you imagine. You are missing parts it seems, so there is little point in finding tools to open it up

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

As posted in the introductions thread to you and, as also stated in that thread, I have never used them but know others on here who have :

http://www.pentooling.com/toolsmontblanc.html

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Have you asked MB boutiques for a repair quote. It might be less than you imagine. You are missing parts it seems, so there is little point in finding tools to open it up

No I have not.

Sorry I am not sure what is the MB boutiques

As posted in the introductions thread to you and, as also stated in that thread, I have never used them but know others on here who have :

http://www.pentooling.com/toolsmontblanc.html

Pen nut

The link you posted The tool will work on MB 149s with notches at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock

Mine the notches at 3 and 9 O'clock

I searched the site you posted for other mb tools without luck

Montblanc has company stores located in many countries, known as Montblanc Boutiques. Locations of boutiques can be found using the Montblanc website, at http://www.montblanc.com (though their locator doesn't work very well). If you're actually in Saudi Arabia, as the flag on your profile says, then there are Montblanc Boutique locations in: Tabuk, Hail, Duba, Arar, and Turaif.

You can drop off the pen at a Montblanc Boutique, and they will send it in to the service center for your region, or to the factory in Hamburg. They take responsibility for the pen in transit. Service prices are standardized; a Level 1 service (which this might be) should cost under the equivalent of US$100.

The pen you show looks like it might be a solid-gold model, so you may not want to attempt a repair yourself. If you have never repaired a pen before, working on an expensive Montblanc is not a good place to start, and the company does not sell parts. While you might be able to disassemble the pens with a tool ordered from the internet, you won't be able to repair the pen without the missing part which would go right next to the nib.

You can tell if it is solid gold by looking for the stamped gold hallmarks, which show gold content. For example, Au750 would be 18 karat gold. If it is not stamped with gold content on the pen body, then it would be a gold-plated model instead.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

To expand on what Chrissy said...

The front part of the collar that holds the nib and feed together is missing, and the section has a crack, this may be from the inner cap pressing directly on the section instead of the end of the collar. If the pen was leaking, then it is likely that the silicone rubber used to seal the collar was disturbed or removed at some point. Either or both parts can break quite easily when the front end is taken apart. Both the collar and section are items that need to be replaced. Neither can be repaired with a repair that will work well or be reliable.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

To expand on what Chrissy said...

The front part of the collar that holds the nib and feed together is missing, and the section has a crack, this may be from the inner cap pressing directly on the section instead of the end of the collar. If the pen was leaking, then it is likely that the silicone rubber used to seal the collar was disturbed or removed at some point. Either or both parts can break quite easily when the front end is taken apart. Both the collar and section are items that need to be replaced. Neither can be repaired with a repair that will work well or be reliable.

Ron

Are you saying the pen is not repairable?

I really appreciate the proffissional advice.

Thanks

Pen nut

The link you posted The tool will work on MB 149s with notches at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock

Mine the notches at 3 and 9 O'clock

I searched the site you posted for other mb tools without luck

Copied from that link. Are these of no use to you ? I have the same pen and will check what nib removal tool I have......

There are 2 different types of nib removal jobs for the MB 146; one (using MB-4) is for removing nibs from 2 unit barrels where the section comes off the barrel and the other (MB-5) is for barrels and sections that are one piece. The photos below show the 2 unit barrel:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Right,

The Pen Converted this to a desk pen sometime ago.

fpn_1521216412__146_2.jpg

Nib removal tool on pen

fpn_1521216443__146_1.jpg

Tool showing pegs that locate in slots on pen

fpn_1521216478__146_3.jpg

The slots on my pen are at the 12 & 6 position but I am sure where I got the tool from had both variants. Now just remembering where I got it from is the tricky part.......

Ron

Thanks

It's not repairable in the way that you originally asked about. It needs to be sent to Montblanc and they will replace the damaged parts with brand new ones. It would come back looking like a brand new pen.

There is no point in you buying a tool so that you can remove the nib and feed from the pen, since you can't fix the crack in the section or replace the missing collar.

You're not going to get this pen back into working condition without sending it to Montblanc.

Ron

Thanks

No. I am saying that you shouldn't try to repair the pen. You don't have the tools, the experience, or the parts. Especially the parts. It needs a new collar and a new section because those parts can't be repaired, at least not in a way that I find to be even remotely acceptable. It won't hold. There are some people who have the parts, but in general MB parts are hard to obtain. Send the pen to MB though, and they will go over the whole pen and send it back to you as good as new. Granted they charge a fair bit to do this, but given the value of the pen....

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Although it's a silver pen, I think the feeder case collar, feeder case, section and piston would all be replaced under their flat rate level 1 service. About $70 total in the US I believe. I would willingly pay that if it was my pen. :)

Montblanc has company stores located in many countries, known as Montblanc Boutiques. Locations of boutiques can be found using the Montblanc website, at http://www.montblanc.com (though their locator doesn't work very well). If you're actually in Saudi Arabia, as the flag on your profile says, then there are Montblanc Boutique locations in: Tabuk, Hail, Duba, Arar, and Turaif.

You can drop off the pen at a Montblanc Boutique, and they will send it in to the service center for your region, or to the factory in Hamburg. They take responsibility for the pen in transit. Service prices are standardized; a Level 1 service (which this might be) should cost under the equivalent of US$100.

The pen you show looks like it might be a solid-gold model, so you may not want to attempt a repair yourself. If you have never repaired a pen before, working on an expensive Montblanc is not a good place to start, and the company does not sell parts. While you might be able to disassemble the pens with a tool ordered from the internet, you won't be able to repair the pen without the missing part which would go right next to the nib.

You can tell if it is solid gold by looking for the stamped gold hallmarks, which show gold content. For example, Au750 would be 18 karat gold. If it is not stamped with gold content on the pen body, then it would be a gold-plated model instead.

Sorry I missed your post.

Yes I changed my mind about attempting to fix it my self after reading some replies here.

I am not sure it is solid gold because it cost me brand new about 1000 dollars about 10 years ago.

I see brand new ones on the net for about 1200 dollars now.

I visited a local boutiques (now I understand what mb boutique is) they actually a collection point for broken pens. After collection few pens they ship them to Germany. They charge too much.

Many thanks for the help

Edited by Alphamale

Right,

The Pen Converted this to a desk pen sometime ago.

fpn_1521216412__146_2.jpg

Nib removal tool on pen

fpn_1521216443__146_1.jpg

Tool showing pegs that locate in slots on pen

fpn_1521216478__146_3.jpg

The slots on my pen are at the 12 & 6 position but I am sure where I got the tool from had both variants. Now just remembering where I got it from is the tricky part.......

Thanks

but I eat my words about making the repair myself

😀

Although it's a silver pen, I think the feeder case collar, feeder case, section and piston would all be replaced under their flat rate level 1 service. About $70 total in the US I believe. I would willingly pay that if it was my pen. :)

They quoted me more than USD500 for repair.