The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

New Pelikan Converter?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2018 - 19:03

Eating lunch and strolling through Instagram this afternoon, I came upon a post from Pelikan_International which appears to show a converter equipped P205.  As is P_I's usual cryptic manner, all they say is

• pelikan_internationalYou have a cartridge fountain pen only but you would love to use your favorite ink from an ink bottle? That´s easy: put a converter into the fountain pen and use it as a piston mechanism. Dip the nib into the ink and turn the converter mechanism. Simply done 😉

I love my little P200 and P205 and always have one or both inked, usually syringe loaded carts with all kinds of "favorite ink".... So, my question is, is this some new and exciting leap into the latter part of the 20th Century, or has there always been a Pelikan converter available for the P20x pens that my senility has kept me from knowing about?  Anybody know about this item?

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

Sponsored Content

#2 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2018 - 19:23

Eating lunch and strolling through Instagram this afternoon, I came upon a post from Pelikan_International which appears to show a converter equipped P205.  As is P_I's usual cryptic manner, all they say is

• pelikan_internationalYou have a cartridge fountain pen only but you would love to use your favorite ink from an ink bottle? That´s easy: put a converter into the fountain pen and use it as a piston mechanism. Dip the nib into the ink and turn the converter mechanism. Simply done

I love my little P200 and P205 and always have one or both inked, usually syringe loaded carts with all kinds of "favorite ink".... So, my question is, is this some new and exciting leap into the latter part of the 20th Century, or has there always been a Pelikan converter available for the P20x pens that my senility has kept me from knowing about?  Anybody know about this item?

Yes the converter has always been available and I use one. It is the standard Pelikan converter for all their P series pens. Some people claim that they don't fit securely but that is untrue.

Peter

#3 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,052 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2018 - 21:52

Thanks Peter.  It's as I feared... senile.  Probably only a matter of time now before someone tells me to check my zipper.  :blush:

#4 Ed_Usinowicz

Ed_Usinowicz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2018 - 22:57

Um, Bill,

Do you have a licence to sell hot dogs? Do you walk into a hardware store with a notepad, pen/pencil and small 6" ruler in your shirt pocket? Welcome.... 

#5 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,052 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:19

:lol:

#6 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:59

The converter has been around for some time I'm afraid.  The Pelikan C499 or Schmidt K5 fit Pelikan's pens.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:25

Thanks Peter.  It's as I feared... senile.  Probably only a matter of time now before someone tells me to check my zipper.  :blush:

I know the feeling Bill  :) 

Peter

Sponsored Content

|