Where To Buy Pelikan M805

Marten

True, but he wants 1800$ for an M600 Pink for example. Oh, plus 20$ shipping.

Im sorry, but I will never back such business practices. I hooked up a complete internet stranger with an M600 Pink not too long ago NOS for less than MSRP.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisuu

• Marten

• tisse98

• Claud

Well...

I am rather humbled by all your kind assistance and input. I sincerely appreciate this and thank you all.

I have then started contacting a few Dealers, the details of which you so kindly supplied so let's see where we go from here.

@JulioPB - Thank you kind Sir for taking the time to insert the relevant links. Much obliged to you.

My intention was not to start a debate on who is cheaper and whatnot and I most certainly did not intend to create friction at all. Just for the record however, Rolf was a bit cheaper than a number of Dealers, on the specific pen I am interested in.

I will be contacting every single Dealer mentioned as I am looking for the "best deal". Best deal to me however, does not simply imply "cheapest". I am willing to always pay more (Within reason) for service, assistance and where someone is possibly more accommodating than others. Postage is also an important aspect and I prefer using Courier services when possible.

Anyway, I will keep you all up to date if you do not mind?

Thank you once again for the tremendous and kind input...

Marten, Thank you for this thread. I have only been into fountain pens a couple of years and am as happy as you to get this information. I like a good deal, and as it has been proven, there is no last pen you are buying.

Thanks to all who posted.

Im sorry, I did not want to single out any specific vendor, and in this case I have nothing against Martini or missing pen, hell I also purchased some stuff from Martini once. I buy a lot of stationery and when someone comes asking for an advice where to buy from, I go through all of the vendors I would recommend from first hand experience (!) and point out the one that has the lowest price. This is why I dont give you the lowest possible price from some private seller on ebay or amazon.

It just scratches me the wrong way when people dont check prices at all, and just come into a thread and say I recommend this one. As you can see, prices can vary a lot. I would never give out advice on topics I am not very comfortably familiar with. That seems irresponsible to me.

That said, please keep us updated and share some pictures when you eventually get the pen.

Hi Invisuu.

My apologies! I was not singling anyone out. We are all entitled to our own opinions and that is what makes each of us unique. It is for each person to decide for himself/herself is all. End of the day it all comes down to the willing Seller/willing Buyer I suppose. As long as both parties are happy to do business, so be it.

But yes! Pricing varies considerably... In fact I was a bit stunned as to just how much... I really do appreciate your guidance and one of the Vendors you mentioned appears to be my best bet at the moment.

It's been a while since I tracked M800 prices, but this used to be how I compared different vendors since most carried this pen. Rolf was the cheapest when I purchased my first M800. Since then, he was typically one of the least expensive vendors, outside of special sales, I could find. Looks like things may have changed in the last couple years.

I have used Rolf several times and he provides a very good service. However recently his prices seem to have escalated and, in some cases, a bit too much.

Peter

Thanks Marten for hosting this thread. If anything, I'm glad to check in with the sharks to see if I'm still up to date on my ordering info. I agree that it's not only about price but also service - especially when it comes to Pelikan, it's good to have somebody at the other end checking the nib for actual width and overall quality.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

My last Pelikan (M200 Brown Marbled) was purchased from The Writing Desk. Good pricing and service. Did a test of the pen as well.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I'm also looking for an M805, the black one. The best price I've found so far is in Cult pens. Even with shipping is about a hundred euros cheaper from the best price I find it in Greece.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pelikan-Souveran-M805-Black-Silver-trim-18K-Fine-Nib-Excellent/202261156143?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Marten, hou gaan dit? Did you get any satisfaction and are you now the owner of an 805? I think (I am certain) that folks here have no idea about the slight worth of the rand and that therefore any purchase by you is a substantial expense. If you want another new Pelikan in future, there is a seller here on FPN called BillP whose prices are always really good (see the classifieds)

Welkom by FPN en lekker bly ek se, meneer! Totsiens!

Geelerald and tisse98, thanks for the suggestions. The first one is in the US, so I must add some more dollars (and maybe a lot more) for the import charges here in Greece ! The second one seems interesting, has a nice price, although I prefer to buy my pens in person, after being able to check them

Geelerald and tisse98, thanks for the suggestions. The first one is in the US, so I must add some more dollars (and maybe a lot more) for the import charges here in Greece ! The second one seems interesting, has a nice price, although I prefer to buy my pens in person, after being able to check them

Being able to test a FP before buying is certainly ideal, especially if you can afford the higher price tag usually associated with that option.