Where To Buy Pelikan M805

Marten

Good day.

I have been using fountain pens for only four or five months now and am really enjoying them. A lot. I have a myriad selection of inks and colours and have been having loads of "fun" experimenting and "playing" with these.

Of late I have been contemplating the purchase of a higher quality pen which I suppose means different things to different people. My current collection comprises a Lamy 2000 (F), Lamy Studio (F), Kaweco Liliput (EF), Karas Customs Ink, Namisu Studio Copper, Namisu Studio Ebonite, Namisu Horizon and Namisu Nova Ti with a selection of Bock nibs ranging from EF to 1.1 Italic.

I was considering various Pilot and Sailor models but have decided to splurge on a Pelikan. (Right or wrong but there you go...)

I was therefore hoping that I might inquire as to suggestions on where to obtain one of these pens please? Obviously EBay comes to mind but I would prefer a Dealer where the pen could potentially be inspected and even adjusted if necessary which (In my mind) excludes many EBay Sellers. The other requirement is that the Dealer would be able to mail to South Africa.

Your kind assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marten.

Edited by Marten

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisuu

• Marten

• tisse98

• Claud

I'm also looking for an M805, the black one. The best price I've found so far is in Cult pens. Even with shipping is about a hundred euros cheaper from the best price I find it in Greece.

Many thanks to both of you.

Yes, strangely enough I made contact with Rolf today adyf. A rather nice Gentleman... Got in touch with Joost Appelboom as well. Their prices include Fedex worldwide shipping which is a pleasant surprise for me!

Edited by Marten

Cult Pens would also including shipping on a pen of that price range. I like Rolf and have bought several pens from him, but Cult Pens is less money on Pelikan pens.

Cult Pens would also including shipping on a pen of that price range. I like Rolf and have bought several pens from him, but Cult Pens is less money on Pelikan pens.

Over the past couple of months have bought three pens from Cult. Each time they agreed to check out the nib and dip test.

All the pens work well and they seem to ship same day.

Regards,

George

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

(My little corner at Amazon....)

"May we all have great words flowing out of our pens."

Rolf Thiel just might be the most expensive vendor in the world, charging a whopping 25% premium over cult pens, for example. That's a 100$ you could be spending elsewhere. And keep in mind cult pens is no small shady vendor, they're great to work with.

If for whatever reason you don't like Cult Pens, you can purchase also from the writing desk, iguana sell, la couronne du comte, appelboom, fontoplumo, ... they're all significantly cheaper than Missing-pen.

Don't even get me started on exorbitant prices on some of his out-of-production nibs. M1000 oblique medium at 600$ for EU, M800 oblique medium at 400$ for EU...not even Martini has such high prices, and they wanted 400% of the price I paid for same item at Appelboom!!!

+1 for cultpens for best online prices and a top notch service

LCDC is also amazing and offers great prices.

Edited by farazqamar

I suggest The Writing Desk as they check the nib tines & dip test all premium level pens (unless you tell them to do otherwise) before shipping. Cult Pens are a decent retailer as well.

Nibs.com tunes each nib for you of all pens he sells. Included in the price is also the shipping , but I think that is just US. Some how I do not think Marten is in the US.

Nibs.com tunes each nib for you of all pens he sells. Included in the price is also the shipping , but I think that is just US. Some how I do not think Marten is in the US.

Martin Roberts is in the UK.

Rolf Thiel just might be the most expensive vendor in the world, charging a whopping 25% premium over cult pens, for example. That's a 100$ you could be spending elsewhere. And keep in mind cult pens is no small shady vendor, they're great to work with.

If for whatever reason you don't like Cult Pens, you can purchase also from the writing desk, iguana sell, la couronne du comte, appelboom, fontoplumo, ... they're all significantly cheaper than Missing-pen.

Don't even get me started on exorbitant prices on some of his out-of-production nibs. M1000 oblique medium at 600$ for EU, M800 oblique medium at 400$ for EU...not even Martini has such high prices, and they wanted 400% of the price I paid for same item at Appelboom!!!

I haven't had the same experience with Rolf Thiel ... what I bought from him was at or below prices I saw elsewhere (for a red M600 and a Lamy 2000 replacement nib). But it does make sense to shop around. I see that pelikanpens.uk has a Marine Blue M605 for 495£, which, though it is one of my favorite discontinued pens, is still steep.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Perhaps. But the items I was looking at he was single handedly the most expensive vendor I could find worldwide. And the pen in question, Stresseman M805, is extremely expensive at him.

$379.90 plus $14.95 shipping at Missing-Pen for the black M805. That seems to be a fair price. Invisuu, can you give us a price and Ebay vendor with a better deal that looks legit?

Edited by Claud

$379.90 plus $14.95 shipping at Missing-Pen for the black M805. That seems to be a fair price. Invisuu, can you give us a price and Ebay vendor with a better deal that looks legit?

Cultpens.com has the black m805 for 336 USD shipped.

Remember that vat comes off the listed price for outside EU so it's 241.67 pounds.

Edited by josnik

I've had great results with Regina Martini in Germany. Shipping to California was easy and seamless. She operates as Martini Auctions.

Nichepens has it for around 320$. Also great dealer. Cultpens is also cheaper.

And dont forget to change your conversion rate from Paypal to your credit card issuer. At 300$, the difference can be up to 20$, depending on your bank.

Edited by invisuu

While I haven't bought pens from The Writing desk, I would like to point out that in premium pen nibs "Basically, everything from Pelikan M200 level upwards" get tuned if necessary instead of just tested, except if the customer requests otherwise.

Rolf Thiel has one thing over La Couronne, Cult pens, and such: Vintage, and NOS stuff.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)